engine light/ codes - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
engine light/ codes

I have a 2015 Ram 2500 Limited deleted cummins. 2 weeks ago I was slowing down to turn left at a yield light. The engine light came on during the turn and the truck wouldn't shift past 2nd gear. Went to oreillys and the codes P0871 and U010E popped up on the scanner. I went to the dealership for recalls, transmission check and engine light. Was told the truck was all clear after a day. Fired the truck up 4 days later and white smoke blew from the tail pipe. Only happened at start up. Drove it for 2 days and today the check engine light came back on, transmission started acting funny again and while i was in Park, a small amount of white/grey smoke started coming out of the grill/hood latch area. The truck drives fine and runs when i step on the gas. its 36 and rainy out today, guess thats how i saw the smoke. nothing is running hot and all temps are normal. Any help is appreciated. thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode