Engine and transmission questions - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Engine and transmission questions

Looking for the powertrain gurus to chime in on this.
I have a 2015 Ram 3500 SRW with the 68RFE and 89,xxx miles. Truck is not deleted or tuned (though I would love the extra power and performance). I have been having some transmission problems (only with a load, never empty).
I was finally able to stop by the dealership yesterday and took the transmission tech for a drive to duplicate the problem of the truck missing a shift under acceleration.
He stated that because of the way it shakes the whole truck it is likely the torque converter.
What he was surprised about was that there wasn't an engine light on because the truck seems to lose power and not continue to accelerate when that happens.
Two hours later, when heading out of town I go to pass a gravel truck and it misses a shift again but worse than it has before and even threw an engine light this time. Codes were U010C, P0201, and P0202 (I have the Edge insight installed).
Weird thing is that after I swapped the load with a lighter load the engine light eventually went away.
I am scheduled to drop it off tomorrow but so I can understand more of this, what is going on?
Why do the engine lights clear out on their own?
Is the problem still there, just reduced?
Am I asking to much from my truck?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Also, the load I was hauling was a 20' gooseneck flatbed equipped with two Dexter 10k axles and a John Deere 5075 loaded up (about 13k lbs) .
The load I swapped for was a 20' utility trailer with a John Deere 4044 loaded up (about 7k lbs).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode