Please Help! Fuel/Electrical Gremlins - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Please Help! Fuel/Electrical Gremlins

Hello all,

I have spent countless hours searching and reading about all the issues going on with my truck right now and just can't seem to narrow this down.

Background- I recently got what I believe was a bad tank of fuel. My fuel level sending unit began not working properly, I had a ton of sediment in the fuel filter canister, the truck idled as if it had a bad "miss", and I began popping low fuel rail pressure code (p0087 I think). After pulling the tank, it looks as though the whole OEM fuel pump/sending unit assembly fell apart. I drained and cleaned the tank/lines, installed a Fleece PowerPro Lift Pump, GDP Big Line Kit, and new fuel filter.

Current problems- As soon as it was all hooked back up and started, I immediately got the red lightning bolt idiot light, an Exhaust Service Required, See Dealer Now message, a fuel rail pressure too high code (p0088) and an EGR Temperature Sensor "A" Circuit High code (p040d). The truck idled a little rough and the injectors were louder than normal, but the "miss" was gone. Took it for short test drive for fresh fuel and it ran OK. As soon as I restarted it, the fuel rail pressure was above 23k and it barely ran. Shut it off and tried a couple more times and it eventually ran, but FRP at idle was 12-13k. Now no matter what the throttle, the FRP stays at 12-13k.

What I've tried so far- Set the truck back to stock and reloaded the tune. Then I cleaned all the battery cables and grounds and even managed to get my batteries warrantied, so they are brand new. I tried the brake-brake/gas-gas pedal reset and even the oil reset for SAG and those did nothing. I unplugged the FCA yesterday and started it, but the FRP still only stayed right at 12-13k.

This thing is driving me insane and I need my truck! Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

11 Mega Cab 2500 4X4, MiniMaxx w/OD, ARP625s, SD 2nd Gen Swap, S467.7FMW, BD-Power Exhaust Brake, FloPro 5" Exhaust, Fleece PowerFlo Lift Pump, BMP CAT Fuel Filter, Air Boss Grid Heater Delete, Megaflow TV Delete w/Grid Heater, GDP S2 Intake Horn, GDP Big Line Kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Does anyone have any experience with these issues?

11 Mega Cab 2500 4X4, MiniMaxx w/OD, ARP625s, SD 2nd Gen Swap, S467.7FMW, BD-Power Exhaust Brake, FloPro 5" Exhaust, Fleece PowerFlo Lift Pump, BMP CAT Fuel Filter, Air Boss Grid Heater Delete, Megaflow TV Delete w/Grid Heater, GDP S2 Intake Horn, GDP Big Line Kit
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 10:45 PM
Diesel Head

That's quite and assortment of issues. If I were you, I'd swap in a spare CP3 only because I have one sitting in the corner...

2011 2500 CCSB|Carli|5 blade 72mm|S&S 150%|S&S 12mm|Wilson Patterson 48RE|Freedom Racing Engines 6.8|CTT
2013 3500 MCSB |Carli Backcountry|Baja Designs|Stainless s465|RevMax ZeroFlex|L19|CTT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

I finally fixed it. It turned out that the FCA was faulty and caused every one of the symptoms. I put in a new FCA, cleared the DTC's and it's as good as new!

The Following User Says Thank You to AKMega For This Useful Post:
N of 60 (02-22-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode