2014 Ram 2500 ABS and Traction control light - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 08:47 PM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicumminsde View Post
I usually park my truck inside but yesterday I left it outside. When I got in it this morning the abs light came on almost immediately...turn the truck off and restart...light comes on about 1 mile away. Until this morning, mine had been off for a couple weeks and was even off when driving in the rain a few days ago.

I've even gone as far as "re pining" the wheel speed sensor cause I though maybe I had a loose connection. I tried tracing the wires from the wheel speed sensor to the next connection (to check continuity) but I can't seem to figure out where the wires go. I can trace them into the main harness but when I go to the large weather pack connector (behind the left front wheel well, under the truck) I don't see the same color wire there???

I'm gonna buy the Alfaobd and see what I can find.
Today while driving the light came on almost immediately after starting but the light went off on it's own a few miles down the road

2013 2500 CTD Laramie 4x4 68rfe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 06:21 PM
Cummins Nut

I got the AlphaOBD today and all my wheel speed sensors are reading correctly. The code I had was c0037 for the left rear wheel speed sensor. According to the AlphaOBD, C0037 had occurred 48 times? I cleared the code and what little bit of driving I did today was code free. I'm at a loss.

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 06:24 PM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyTwo View Post
There is a recall that can cause this error. If you got this error with in a few miles of the recall, itís a quick fix.

After the flash part of the recall, they are supposed to reset the BCM, so it takes the recall. Failure to reset BCM, causes the error. Dealer needs to reset BCM. Problem is, convincing them of the solution.

This only pertains if you had a select recall that updates. Canít recall the recall.
Do you know if you can reset the BCM with Alfaobd?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 10:39 AM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlandry View Post
Really? I did think of getting am OEM but i figured aftermarket direct replacement would be fine. I will go thought the troubleshooting steps for the active DTC i have got and go from there, Mopar sensor might be the answer.
Did you ever find the issue?

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 06:48 PM
Cummins Nut

Update: Problem solved

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2...l#post28860217

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 04:55 PM

I found a fix for mine after reading a post on here but I can't find it to forward. Here is the problem that resolved my exact issue:
Get under from drivers door area and look between the transmission and frame. You will see a wire harness that should be secured to a second larger harness. Cut the small zip tie gently (I used nail clippers) inspect the small wire harness for ANY chafing or wear. Disconnect the plug and inspect the pins, ensure they are clean and fully seated. Connect the plug again. You may have to remove some to the strongest electrical tape I have ever touched to expose the wires. I found the small harness had been rubbing on the underside of the body.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190119_151831_1547934850018.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	838675   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190119_151615_1547934882114.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	838677  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Sorry Guys, due to reasons out of my control i have not yet been able to work on my truck. I apologies for not giving an update, on the bright side the light has been off more than its been on. i will be going straight to that plug when i do work on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode