Occasional bogging - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Occasional bogging

I've got a 07' Ram 3500 6.7L diesel dually with the exhaust brake that occasionally boggs a bit when pressing the fuel pedal, when it happened today I pulled over and did a re-start and all was well. It was coded last year on the way down to Florida when this first happened, I brought it to the Chrysler dealer in Lenoir Tenn. and Goober was happy to report that both the turbo and the catalytic converter were both toast but the good news was that they could repair it in about three days at $8.000,,,, sure! After leaving them the truck ran great then I saw the engine light go back on and the overhead display said the particulate filter was full and to run at 65mph for 20 minutes to clean it out and the truck ran fine until yesterday when it had just a little bogg which went away after I shut it down. I replace the fuel filter every third oil change. Any thoughts and thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 02:48 AM
Diesel Head

If you live in an area the does not do emissions inspections, your best bet would be to delete and tune the truck.

How many miles are on your truck ?

As far as replacing the fuel filter every 3 oil changes..........that's fine if you change your oil every 3000 miles.
Recommended filer change would be 10K. Cheap insurance against $3K set of injectors.

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie CCLB 6.7,4x4, Fully Deleted, BD Air Horn, EFI Live w/ Trans Tune, AFE DFS780 Lift Pump, Injen Evo CAI, Riding on 37x12.50 Ridge Grapplers on Black Rhino 20"Sierra's, Thuren 3" Coils, Rear Shackles, Fox 2.0 Reservoir Shocks, HC Control Arms, Track Bar, King Steering Stabilizer and Torsion Sway Bar. Steering Box Brace, SnugTop,Amsoil Bypass Filter & Oil, RetroShop FXR Projectors w/ HID's, Morimoto LED Fog's, Back Seat Fold Down Hack. Titan 60 Gal Mid-Ship Tank.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Ocasional Bogging

Yeah we have bi-annual emissions testing here and I have 175 odd thousand kilometers. It's been suggested that It might be the EGR valve that needs cleaning,,,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 09:36 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPI_Mallard View Post
Yeah we have bi-annual emissions testing here and I have 175 odd thousand kilometers. It's been suggested that It might be the EGR valve that needs cleaning,,,,
The EGR Cleaning and CV filter are supposed to be done at every 67,500 miles, which would be just over 100,00 kilometers. So, that may be something to check into.

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie CCLB 6.7,4x4, Fully Deleted, BD Air Horn, EFI Live w/ Trans Tune, AFE DFS780 Lift Pump, Injen Evo CAI, Riding on 37x12.50 Ridge Grapplers on Black Rhino 20"Sierra's, Thuren 3" Coils, Rear Shackles, Fox 2.0 Reservoir Shocks, HC Control Arms, Track Bar, King Steering Stabilizer and Torsion Sway Bar. Steering Box Brace, SnugTop,Amsoil Bypass Filter & Oil, RetroShop FXR Projectors w/ HID's, Morimoto LED Fog's, Back Seat Fold Down Hack. Titan 60 Gal Mid-Ship Tank.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

OK,, I kinda' hate to say this in a forum that's for real gear heads but what the heck,,,, i'm not much of a mechanic! Now i'm not saying i'm one of those incompetent fools that'll put his eye out with a screw driver, I am a master carpenter and I have all the tools to do the job but I like to think that i know my limitations! Now I saw a video on utube and it looks like something I can do without too much drama so is there anything that fella might have left out??

Again thanks in advance!

Red Green: Nothing bugs a handyman more than a stripper that works too slow.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 01:12 AM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPI_Mallard View Post
OK,, I kinda' hate to say this in a forum that's for real gear heads but what the heck,,,, i'm not much of a mechanic! Now i'm not saying i'm one of those incompetent fools that'll put his eye out with a screw driver, I am a master carpenter and I have all the tools to do the job but I like to think that i know my limitations! Now I saw a video on utube and it looks like something I can do without too much drama so is there anything that fella might have left out??

Again thanks in advance!

Red Green: Nothing bugs a handyman more than a stripper that works too slow.
That's the point of this forum. To help others !
I did plenty of wrenching on cars and pulling engines when I was a teenager and into my 20's. Not so much any more due to age and arthritis.
You tube is a great resource on "how to .........."
Although I would recommend to maybe watch 2 or 3 different videos. I'm sure you can perform the work yourself.
Personally I have not had to do the 67.5K maintenance as my truck has only got around 54K on it. Also my EGR has already fallen off, so I won't need to worry about that part of it either.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode