Rear end problems? - Page 3 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 09:22 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
You are not the only one with the same symptoms. There are three of us on this forum with the same noise.
There are others on other forums also. I need to know what this is before it leaves me stranded with a 5th wheel connected 30 miles from nowhere. I can't believe Ram say your video and said they had no clue. Something in there is not right. For me it happens when I have been on the freeway for several miles and then only on startup from a stop and turning, even the slightest turn will set it off.
Let us know what happens please.

Last edited by bbrian; 09-04-2017 at 09:23 PM. Reason: clarify
The Following User Says Thank You to bbrian For This Useful Post:
CowboyCummins fan (09-05-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 03:00 PM

If you are in CA, YOU don't pay any atty fees. Atty fees are negotiated by the atty,dealer, and manufacturer. You can get cashed out for your truck, dn payment, interest, total of all moneys invested. you get 100% of that back. Then you may also get up to an additional 100% of that money back, but the atty gets part of that (maybe 40%) plus atty fees from the manufacturer. No settlement=no fee. Attys love these things, especially if you have all the documentation. keep a record of EVERYTHING. There can be an adjustment for mileage, but it is calculated from the mileage that the vehicle had on it the FIRST time the problem was reported.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 11:35 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,401 Times in 1,332 Posts
If you have a good Lemon Law case in CA or any state, you do not need an attorney. Selling Dodges I saw several trucks lemon lawed by both Chrysler and by Ford. Only a couple even had an attorney and most did not need one at all. Most real cases are pretty black and white to fit the rules. In the shop 30 days, three times for the same thing etc. The only one I saw that actually required an attorney was a guy that wanted to and did return a $136,000 Porsche because it "did not preform as advertised power wise". Some how He did it, maybe similar to the VW case.
If you can read the rules and write articulately there is no need for an attorney starting out. Be firm with the Chrysler service Rep. How the dollars calculate out is spelled out in the law well, at least here. YOU have the choice of a replacement truck or cash.

99 2500, Quad cab, 4x4 47RE, BD pressure lock on it, small BD 90/140 chip on the VP 44 connection plug, 17" 3rd gen wheels. 3.55 diffs. Ruenell front bumper and warn winch, Rancho adj shocks. 663k miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Well, looks like I got screwed again. The ram rep I been dealing with promised me an extended warranty along with a couple other things that I had to pay for and he would reimburse me. I paid out of pocked for these things and called him to let him know and ask why the dealer didn't know about my warranty when I took the truck in for service. I couldn't get him. 2 weeks have past and they've closed my case and denied my repairs I paid out of pocket and refused the warranty that I have in writing from ram. I'll never buy another Chrysler product as long as I live or my family. 4th 2500 diesel and I'm done...

2015 Ram 2500 cc cummins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode