8"BDS lift. Problems. 2" leveling? adjustable track bar? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation 8"BDS lift. Problems. 2" leveling? adjustable track bar?

2012 2500 crew cab. 8" bds long arm kit, BDS ladder bars, dual steering stabilizer. H&S tuner running a little over stock, 37" fun country tires. M1 bumper with winch. *stock track bar with drop bracket*

Here is the problem. With my old set of rims I would hit the fenders when I hit a bump turning and my arms on the right side. Now I got a little more back spacing and now I'm really hitting the fenders with some cutting already however I am not hitting my arms anymore.

So I'm thinking the winch bumper and winch are really weighing down the front end. I was thinking of adding a 2 or a 2.5 spacer then I need a adjustable track bar? Any ideas that would work with that? If I put the spacers in will it push the axle back? Also if I put an add a leaf in the back with it affect the ladder bars? Shock ideas if I do that?

I do tow with it and I am rough on it.

2012 2500 6.7 Longhorn crew 8"BDS long arm,BDS ladders,dual steering stabilizer,H&S+Overdrive,turbo back,turbo silencer gone,m1 bumper with 17,500 winch, defender rack,tire tailgate,recon headlights,Mag-Hytec pan,carli ball joints,fresh new front diff+++
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 08:10 PM
Cummins Fan

What are the rim specs?

2017 3500 mega, 6"BDS lift, 20"Fuel hostage, 37" Toyo m/t, Aisin.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Old. rock stars 1s 20x10 4.5 back spacing
New. Fuel HD deep lip 20x12 if a remember correctly 5.5 back spacing.

2012 2500 6.7 Longhorn crew 8"BDS long arm,BDS ladders,dual steering stabilizer,H&S+Overdrive,turbo back,turbo silencer gone,m1 bumper with 17,500 winch, defender rack,tire tailgate,recon headlights,Mag-Hytec pan,carli ball joints,fresh new front diff+++
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 08:50 PM
Cummins Fan

yes you can add a 2 inch spacer. everyone highly recommends an adjustable front trac bar with just the 8 inch lift to keep specs correct so i would def advise to do so if you are adding another 2 inch. i have had several buddies do this to on a 8" bds, 2 of them broke the front driveshaft and 2 of them are fine. you can index your front and you will have to get your driveshafts lengthened. you also will have to drop your crossmember to clear your front driveshaft... how wide are your tires because you shouldn't have any troubles clearing those with how you are sitting right now and i know other people that cleared with fusion front bumpers no problem and they are heavy. as for the back i don't know what your budget is but carli has 6 inch lift progressive rear leaf springs that articulate 15" i believe and completely replace your stock leafs. that would make your truck sit about right. within an inch. but with a setup like this i have seen people clear 40's. keep in mind your shocks will not like the extra 2" so you may need longer.

2011 mega, 10" lift, fleece 467 2nd gen, II 100's injectors, fleece dual cp3's, afe intake mani, 5" afe exhaust, 48 swapped, fire punk anteater & porcupine, fass 260
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Yes I know the broken drive shaft game. I have have broken 2 of them. The tires are only 12.5 wide. I would like to keep the stock leafs because they do well when I am towing. So I might just do a add a leaf. carli has a nice add a leaf pack. I am getting all the rubbing at the back just in the front of the door. And the axles is pushed as far forward as possible. Do you know witch adjustable track bar they were using?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode