Got Tuned Now Throws P2579 Code - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Got Tuned Now Throws P2579 Code

Hey Guys,

Brand new here, but not new to Diesels. Just purchased a fully deleted 2010. Previous owner never tuned the truck - simply had an Edge to clear the codes upon startup.

To get the DPF and EGR codes removed, I had a local tuner with EFI Live turn them off, and add a conservative 60hp "Eco/Sport" tune. Since then, I've been getting a new P2579 code. I tested the ohms on the sensor and it was right within spec at 930 ohms.

TPMS light is constantly on, yet my tires pressure is perfect. Screen says "Tire Pressure - Maximum Load"

Also, my red security light has been on.

Does all of this have to do with the tune that he installed? Non of these code existed before the tune. As far as I can tell, the truck runs/drives fine; however, I haven't taken it out on a long trip yet.

Any tips or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Update: Tuner got an update from MotorOps tunes and they were able to clear the P2579 code for the turbo speed sensor. Checked the turbo speed on my laptop, and everything is spinning as it should. All within range.

My TPMS light and security lights are still on, so that's now what I'm battling with. Truck drives great, but those lights are making me crazy.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 11:30 AM
Diesel Head

Garage
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
What kind of pressures are you running in the tires? Are all 4 tires showing up in the EVIC display? My dash light will sometimes come on at start up on cold mornings, but I run my oversized tires at the low end of the TPMS spectrum.

2010 CCSB 4x4 Big Horn 68rfe. EFI Live Anarchy,Reunel bumpers,Warn PowerPlant,295/60/20 Nitto Terra Graps,Raceline 20x9 +12,Carli 3" 2.5 pintop (2" Thuren springs)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode