Starting Problems - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Starting Problems

Hey guys. I have a new to me 2010 Cummins crew cab Laramie 4x4 with 166,000 miles on her. It has the sinister dpf and egr deletes done and an h&s xrt pro "street" tune on it. I purchased the truck 1 month ago and all the work was already done to it. My question is that in the last month of ownership it has started weird 3 times. I'll turn the key, wait for the yellow light to turn off as usual, then I'll turn it to the ignition/run and let off on it as usual and the truck will turn on but it immediately sounds almost as if it's fuel starved. It shudders a bit and almost sounds like it's miss firing and then I'll push on the accelerator and it brings up the rpms and it sound/operates as normal. What the heck is that?!

2010 Crew Cab Laramie 4x4 - Sinister Diesel EGR & DPF Deletes - ARP 2000 Studs - H&S XRT Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 09:22 PM
Diesel Freak

Garage
Fuel filter?
Fuel pump?
1 or more injectors getting tired?
Injector pump?

Any codes?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

No codes... I don't know the status of the last fuel filter change so I will do that today. It did it again this morning and what I REALLY felt like was the starter was turning over the engine, but it was almost like the engine just wouldn't quite want to start up. Like I could clearly hear the started trying to start it strongly but the motor didn't quite start all the way. I pushed the accelerator and it didn't really do anything for it this time. It continued to "struggle" to start for a total of maybe 5 seconds, then it cleared up and was running fine. I am totally stumped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Changed the fuel filter... It was almost black... That might have been the source of my problem... I'll continue to monitor it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode