Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum (https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/)
-   4th Gen Powertrain (https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4th-gen-powertrain/)
-   -   Aftermarket 68RFE Owners (https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4th-gen-powertrain/1863666-aftermarket-68rfe-owners.html)

STREETcummins 12-08-2015 11:26 AM

Aftermarket 68RFE Owners

Ok, so its been a few months since I got a new Revmax 550 68rfe installed on my 2014. At first went back and forth with Kory and we had to do some line pressure adjustments to get it to idle correctly, etc. Have them mostly fixed, except when i put the truck in reverse the line pressure jumps up and its almost like the truck is applying to much pressure and it wants to rev up and I have to hold the brake down pretty hard. Anybody with the same situation? Also the main question I have. Say, when you go try to do a boosted launch. I can't rev up the truck or build boost if its at a complete stop... is that normal? I have to roll into it. Let the truck creep a few feet forward in order for the RPM's/BOOST to build. its like its surges if I'm at a complete stop and falls flat on its face.

If thats not normal... Can I do some data logging and maybe get a fix?

STREETcummins 12-08-2015 02:02 PM

Any thoughts anyone??

jlebrun_05 12-08-2015 02:12 PM

Can't help you, mines not in yet, hopefully gettin it soon though

malibu27 12-10-2015 08:15 PM

You should post in the performance parts section

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

bluessmax 12-14-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STREETcummins (Post 21475570)
Ok, so its been a few months since I got a new Revmax 550 68rfe installed on my 2014. At first went back and forth with Kory and we had to do some line pressure adjustments to get it to idle correctly, etc. Have them mostly fixed, except when i put the truck in reverse the line pressure jumps up and its almost like the truck is applying to much pressure and it wants to rev up and I have to hold the brake down pretty hard. Anybody with the same situation? Also the main question I have. Say, when you go try to do a boosted launch. I can't rev up the truck or build boost if its at a complete stop... is that normal? I have to roll into it. Let the truck creep a few feet forward in order for the RPM's/BOOST to build. its like its surges if I'm at a complete stop and falls flat on its face.

If thats not normal... Can I do some data logging and maybe get a fix?

Are you sure the line pressure is jumping up? If so- whats it jumping to?

STREETcummins 12-15-2015 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluessmax (Post 21561322)
Are you sure the line pressure is jumping up? If so- whats it jumping to?

Ya line pressure jumps to 225 if not a little over when i give it the berries. Im very stumped.

EDIT: it jumps when I'm accelerating...When i try to do a boosted launch I'm not sure. I will try on my way home tonight and see what happens. Ill report back

j9845 12-15-2015 04:25 PM

about 35K miles on mine and it doesn't rev up when putting it in reverse. don't really try to boosted launches so I cant speak for that.

stgil888 12-19-2015 05:51 PM

I have about 30k miles on mine. Couldn't get it to work right. Truck is parked now until I find someone who knows how to make my Revmax work properly.

N of 60 12-19-2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stgil888 (Post 21632530)
I have about 30k miles on mine. Couldn't get it to work right. Truck is parked now until I find someone who knows how to make my Revmax work properly.

That must really hurt after that kind of investment. I had to do a complete relearn after my TC and valve body plate install. It's finally the way I think it should be acting. Up shifts and downshifts. Hope you get yours sorted out.

Sly1types 12-19-2015 09:17 PM

Are you turning off the traction control when launching? I don't launch it b/c I only have the valve body, but I have PPEI's revmax 225psi trans tuning and its awesome.

I have done a few 2wd/burnout, build 3psi then let the foot off the brake and floor it and it would smoke the tires till I would get out of it. I did one that was about 700ft!

When I back out of the garage/driveway I don't have to hit the gas, it will pull the truck.