No Spill Drain Systems and First Oil Change and Intro - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
No Spill Drain Systems and First Oil Change and Intro

Hey Guys and Gals. This is my first post but I've been on here since I bought my 2014 ram 3500 back in July. This is my second Ram, my First one was a 2012 1500 Extended Cab Laramie with the 5.7. I loved the truck but always wanted a Diesel and my 1500 didn't pull my 28ft travel trailer with the confidence I wanted. So I got my 1 ton, its a single rear wheel Laramie with the black appearance group.

So today I did my first oil change and fuel filter change. The truck only has 7700 kms but I wanted to get good oil in the truck. I also picked up this handly little drain valve system that I got from work. We use these on the service trucks where I work (2012+ ram 5500). There from No Spill Drain Systems. The idea is you keep the drain valve in all the time and when your ready to drain the oil you just unscrew the dust cap and screw on the drain tube(the green tube). The drain tube open the valve inside the drain valve and the oil starts to drain out the tube into your drain pan. It should save on a lot of mess and some time.

This is a picture of the drain plug next to the drain valve.

So I wanted to know how far this drain valve went up inside the oil drain pan. If it goes up to far it will leave oil at the bottom of the drain pan unable to drain. From what I could see and based on the oil I got on my finger it looks like it wont stick up past the drain pan at all.

So this is a pic of it installed on the truck. I bought the low profile version because I know our drain plugs are straight down and wanted to make sure it wasn't going to get hooked on anything.

Everything went pretty good expect for the oil filter.... holy man that thing was on tight. I had my brother going through the fender well with a filter wrench and I took off the intake tube and was trying from the engine bay at same time. I pulled the filter out through the engine bay, it's definitely easier that way. Eventually we got it out and got the new one on. I also took a few pics of the grease nipple on the back of the front drive shaft. I know some people on here had a hard time finding it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode