Front End Grinding Noise after Lift - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Front End Grinding Noise after Lift

Hello everybody, I just barely had an 8" Zone lift kit installed in my 2010 Ram 2500 short bed crew cab 4x4. The truck rand fine from the shop for about 100 miles then when I got home I noticed that whenever I start slowing down from maybe 20 mph I get a grinding noise from the front end from what seems like both sides of the front axle best I can hear from the cab. Truck runs fine at high speed though! Lift installer told me my lower ball joints would need replacement soon but would this cause this sound? Front driveshaft does have indexing rind installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated just wanting to make sure truck is drivable

Last edited by Cbauer1533; 10-18-2014 at 11:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-19-2014, 12:14 AM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Noise could still be from your front driveshaft. Some trucks are fine with an indexing ring and some aren't. You may need to get it lengthened and balanced.

2016 2500 Laramie SAP. 295/60R20 Toyo AT2 Extreme, 20" Mayhem Rampage, Edge Insight CTS2.

(Traded) 2011.5 2500 Longhorn. 325/65R18 Duratracs, 18" Method Double Standards, Fabtech 4.5" , Fox 2.0's + Carli Stabilizer, track bar, sway bar, Dynatrac Balljoints, BD Brace, S467, Steed Speed, Source Second Gen, ATS Stage IV, Mini Maxx, Flo Pro 5", Shibby GHD, Intake Horn, Boost Tube, H11 Studs, Nav Unlock. Royalty Core, N-Fab Steps, LED tails & Brake, Black Headlights, Retro Solutions, Stubby Antenna
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-19-2014, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
In the instructions it had the measurements of the driveshaft angle to see if you had to use the index ring and the measurement on mine said it didn't need one but I noticed the shop ended up putting it on anyways. I think that may be causing it but I plan this week to do a reverse level in the rear which might put the front driveshaft at the correct angle with the index ring correct? Either way am I messing anything up by driving this way temporarily?

Last edited by Cbauer1533; 10-19-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode