upgraded VGT turbo? - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 08:29 AM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I sold mine and went with a second gen swap. for the money you will be spending on just a turbo you can second gen swap and put an inline exhaust brake

2012 RCLB SLT G56 S472 II 180 Nozzles SBC Triple Disc 700HP-SOLD
2015 CCSB Big Horn 68rfe EFI Live by HPP-WRECKED
2017 CCSB Laramie G56 Bright Silver w/ Black Sport Package-CURRENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 09:22 AM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattech15 View Post
I sold mine and went with a second gen swap. for the money you will be spending on just a turbo you can second gen swap and put an inline exhaust brake
I agree 100% unless you live in a state with visual inspections. That's where the Fleece shines, and is really when they are worth it. That or if you purchase a compound turbo kit that runs off a stocker and you want some more, and don't want to change your entire set up or mess with the piping.

2013 Crew 3500 Dually 4x4 68RE , vinyl seats, rubber floors, no bells no whistles.
2012 Crew 4x Auto CTD
06 MEGA TRE Trans, E.D. 63/68, EFI by Les @ SBT, Motorsport Diesel Pump
06 750hp Built By TRE Diesel SOLD
Former United States Marine . Good luck and God speed to all our troops!
Current Professional Firefighter
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 02:18 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Can this fleece be swapped as simply as y'all are making it sound? Would your truck require any tuning to run the different set up?

2012 2500 SLT CCSB 4x4, Carli Fox 2.0 Commuter Suspension Package, 20" Stock Laramie wheels, LT295 Firestone Transforce, TT1 Tuner W/ OD unlock, Flow pro 4", Sinister EGR del, 3.42's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeThomas View Post
I agree 100% unless you live in a state with visual inspections. That's where the Fleece shines, and is really when they are worth it. That or if you purchase a compound turbo kit that runs off a stocker and you want some more, and don't want to change your entire set up or mess with the piping.
I've also been eye-balling the BD super-B special. It comes with the turbo, manifold and inline brake. My question does this break spice into the existing EB switch or is this a separate plunger style valve? I have a G-56 so if thats the case I'd most likely mount an inline on the stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rougen123 View Post
Can this fleece be swapped as simply as y'all are making it sound? Would your truck require any tuning to run the different set up?
The swap is as simple as removing your stock turbo and replacing it with the Cheetah. Keep in mind they are both essentially HE351VE's. Yes its ideal that you tune your truck for optimal results.

I'm already running custom tunes so its not that hard for the builder to pull up my file and do some tweaking for the Cheetah.

Cummins G-56 BDS/H&S/Fox/Fuel/Toyo/ARP/DynaTrac/Flo~Pro/SouthBend/AAM/S&B/RamTuff/aFe/Sinister/ArmaGuard Coatings/Hurst/ISS-Pro/Anarchy/Rigid/Truxedo Duramax LLY Toyo/Sinister/EFI-LIVE/CCS/Rancho/S&B/Fuel/custom paint/ArmaGuard Coatings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode