transmission sometime kicks when engaging reverse and drive - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Custom tuning with the mini max. Line pressure was increased a little and shift points were adjusted.

2011 dodge ram 2500, H&s tune by tommygun w/ od tune, 6 in pure perfromance lift w bds long arms, arm step bars, 20 in fuel hostage w 35 x12.5 x 20 mickey thompson atz, sinister egr delete, 4 in turbo back exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Trans Filter. Change it and you shouldn't see the problem again.

SOLD: 98 12V, 350/1000
2012 6.7L Laramie Longhorn, H&S Mini Maxx W/Overdrive, 625 ARP Headstuds, 5" MBRP TBE, Sinister EGR Delete, 18"Diamo 8 Karot W/ 33/12.50 Toyo Open County M/Ts
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 10:19 AM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnproof16 View Post
Trans Filter. Change it and you shouldn't see the problem again.
I do not think that has anything to do with it. My truck has done it from day one and I have done a filter and oil change since owning it. Made no difference. I think it is some what normal for these trucks to do on occasion.

2010 Inferno Red, Carli stuff, DT Profab, Method double's, 37" Toyo R/T's. H&S XRT with Draconian Diesel Tuning.

Last edited by firedude; 08-13-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 10:52 AM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I was just came on here to search and start a thread if needed. Mine does the same thing, 2010 with 39K on it now. I took it to the dealer yesterday since its still under the drive train warranty.

Mine is worst when its warmed up. I go from park to drive and it will Lunge the truck forward, so I tried going from park to neutral waiting a couple seconds then into drive and it still lunges. Then I tried from drive to reverse and back and still lunges. It hits into gear HARD. The dealership thinks its a bad u joint but clearly it is not since it don't do it when its cold. My buddy is a service writer at the dealership so I'm going to make sure then go through it all. I'm going to slide under it today or tomorrow and see what kind of play in the gears with moving the driveline.

I think that there is to much play in the ring and pinion cause when you stand outside the truck you can hear it hit into gear with a clanging sound in the rear. I think when you back up it leaves the gears tight in a reverse order and when you go into drive its slapping the gears cause the ring and pinion are tight from backing up. Just a thought.

Does anyone know what the setting is for the ring and pinion??

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"] 2010 ram 2500 crew cab, 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 68rfe. Evergreen EGR delete, sinister throttle valve delete, torque tech T2 programmer, edge insight gauges with pyro, diamond eye TBE 4" stainless exhaust. FONT]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode