Should I be worried? (EGT's) - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 11:35 AM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Crackling is more then likely the metal of the turbo and manifold expanding and contracting. If you listen to the underside of just about any car out there you will hear the same. That never concerns me. Also FYI you always say left or right when referencing a part of the vehicle as if you were sitting in the drivers seat. So your exhaust manifold is technically on the right side of the engine not the left, just some friendly advice..

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"] 2010 ram 2500 crew cab, 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 68rfe. Evergreen EGR delete, sinister throttle valve delete, torque tech T2 programmer, edge insight gauges with pyro, diamond eye TBE 4" stainless exhaust. FONT]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamthTORQ View Post
Since we are on the subject I might as well show a couple pictures.
This was three in the bed and one on the back. pretty nice to have enough room to stuff 4 bikes and 4 dudes with all the gear AND have enough power to still get sideways on the dirt.

This was a bridge crossing on that ride.

this was about a month ago

I like this one, if you look close or focus in you can see the trail on the left side of the draw way down just waiting to be had
WOW nice set up you have there man! Sweet KTM too.. I' am actually trying to sell my YFZ 450 and possibly get back on two wheels. Looks like a bunch of fun. Is that Yami a YZ 125 or 250? Thanks for the share, definitely makes me want to get back on a dirt bike now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudges69 View Post
Crackling is more then likely the metal of the turbo and manifold expanding and contracting. If you listen to the underside of just about any car out there you will hear the same. That never concerns me. Also FYI you always say left or right when referencing a part of the vehicle as if you were sitting in the drivers seat. So your exhaust manifold is technically on the right side of the engine not the left, just some friendly advice..
Okay great! I figured it the noise was coming from the turbo/manifold. I was basing my view from standing outside at the front of the truck, while looking at the engine compartment. Thanks for the friendly advice as well, that is definitely good to know!

2010 CCSB 68rfe/4.10's-AFE deep pan-5" TBE/6" MBRP tip-MiniMaxx w/ OD unlock-S&B Intake-RECON lighting-BD intake horn-4" boost tube-20x10's/305's Toyo ATII

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 10:30 PM
Diesel Freak

Thanks! It is a 250 right now, but this winter it will be getting a ESR 325 put in, should be sweet with the rekluse clutch. I'm actually loading up for a ride in the morning, the mountains have been getting afternoon thunder showers. Gotta love fresh rain!

2010 Longbed 4x4 68re 3.42s, B&W, light force 240s, Carli, Amsoil,FASS, he451 waiting for install,saving for a built 68 ANARCHY TUNED!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and the 9500ix radar detector to use it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamthTORQ View Post
Thanks! It is a 250 right now, but this winter it will be getting a ESR 325 put in, should be sweet with the rekluse clutch. I'm actually loading up for a ride in the morning, the mountains have been getting afternoon thunder showers. Gotta love fresh rain!
Awesome man! Have fun riding! Wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of this trip as well, lol.

2010 CCSB 68rfe/4.10's-AFE deep pan-5" TBE/6" MBRP tip-MiniMaxx w/ OD unlock-S&B Intake-RECON lighting-BD intake horn-4" boost tube-20x10's/305's Toyo ATII

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 07:36 AM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I'm new to the diesel world and also new to the forum.Just bought a 2009- 2500 SXT quad long bed 6.7. about 5 months ago to pull my 7500 pound travel trailer.It had 179,000 miles with all stock engine and exhaust parts.After doing a lot of research and also an awful lot of reading on this forum I decided to do some mods for fuel increase and to give the engine a longer life.First thing I did was to get rid of the DPF and Cat adding a proflo pipe from the turbo to the stock muffler also added a RaceMe programer.Then did a EGR cooler delete taking of about 40 to 45 pounds of metal of the top of the engine.MaNNN!! what a difference it has made.But back to the topic of this post, Again after reading here I did install a pyro meter using the back plate sinister provided in the EGR,Cooler delete kit just for my piece of mind and also after reading here I will be sure to add 100 to 200 degrees in temp reading because of the location of the probe.Also I would like to add after reading the info in this forum I started using an additive to the fuel called Opti-Lube XPD and after using that the engine now sounds like band new, quite strong and proud.With all this done my MPG has increased by at least 9 MPG.So thanks to all that post and for all the info I have learned it has really been a great benefit.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfcart Cowboy View Post
I'm new to the diesel world and also new to the forum.Just bought a 2009- 2500 SXT quad long bed 6.7. about 5 months ago to pull my 7500 pound travel trailer.It had 179,000 miles with all stock engine and exhaust parts.After doing a lot of research and also an awful lot of reading on this forum I decided to do some mods for fuel increase and to give the engine a longer life.First thing I did was to get rid of the DPF and Cat adding a proflo pipe from the turbo to the stock muffler also added a RaceMe programer.Then did a EGR cooler delete taking of about 40 to 45 pounds of metal of the top of the engine.MaNNN!! what a difference it has made.But back to the topic of this post, Again after reading here I did install a pyro meter using the back plate sinister provided in the EGR,Cooler delete kit just for my piece of mind and also after reading here I will be sure to add 100 to 200 degrees in temp reading because of the location of the probe.Also I would like to add after reading the info in this forum I started using an additive to the fuel called Opti-Lube XPD and after using that the engine now sounds like band new, quite strong and proud.With all this done my MPG has increased by at least 9 MPG.So thanks to all that post and for all the info I have learned it has really been a great benefit.
Congrats on the mods! But, no way you can gain 9 mpg. The most you will gain is in the 3-4 range (mine was more like 3). My guess is you are going off your EVIC, its not accurate. Start hand calculating and you will see. The absolute best I ever calculated by hand was 20 mpg. This was 99.9% hwy - literally pulling of the interstate for fuel and back on - and this was one time. I've had a few in the 19 range. Throw in any city miles and it drops. Again, not trying to burst your bubble - glad you did the mods but a 9 mpg gain just isn't happening.

2010 2500 ST/Silver/4x4/68RFE/3.73/ Custom Tuned by Draconian Diesel, Transmission Tuning, ARP 2000's, Sinister EGR delete, Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/75/17, Viper Remote, EBC Green Pads, ISSPRO EV2 Gauges, Mag Hytec Transmission pan & a few other things.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 10:24 AM

Yes The MPG blew me away as well.And yes I was using EVIC.My trip to town since i live in a remote area is 28 miles one way HWY.But it had been saying 21 MPG without mods and 29 with mods driving 65 to 70 MPH more like an 8 MPG increase.But HEY I normally will only use it to pull my 7500 pound travel trailer and if I can get 14 to 15 MPG I will be very happy when I was only getting 9 MPG using my Jeep Overland grand Cherokee 5.7 hemi gas. also using the EVIC on it.But! I will get the MPG the manual way next time and compare the EVIC with the good old fashion reliable manual math way just to see how far off it will be. Thanks for the feed back on the MPG.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfcart Cowboy View Post
Yes The MPG blew me away as well.And yes I was using EVIC.My trip to town since i live in a remote area is 28 miles one way HWY.But it had been saying 21 MPG without mods and 29 with mods driving 65 to 70 MPH more like an 8 MPG increase.But HEY I normally will only use it to pull my 7500 pound travel trailer and if I can get 14 to 15 MPG I will be very happy when I was only getting 9 MPG using my Jeep Overland grand Cherokee 5.7 hemi gas. also using the EVIC on it.But! I will get the MPG the manual way next time and compare the EVIC with the good old fashion reliable manual math way just to see how far off it will be. Thanks for the feed back on the MPG.
Yeah let us know, and I' am glad to hear the forums have helped you out! That is awesome!!

The forums have helped me out so much as well!!

post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Diesel Freak

Here are some pictures from that ride, (finally got them uploaded).
This was the hardest climb, this section was right after a tight switchback.

2010 Longbed 4x4 68re 3.42s, B&W, light force 240s, Carli, Amsoil,FASS, he451 waiting for install,saving for a built 68 ANARCHY TUNED!
and the 9500ix radar detector to use it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode