Track bar mount cracked? Rough country lift - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Angry Track bar mount cracked? Rough country lift

So I just got my newer truck about two months ago and she went on her maiden voyage with the camper on the back and holy it drives terrible. It has bad bump steer and has a bit of death wobble .It's a 2011 3500 longbox crew with the cummins. It has a 5" rough country lift that I believe has some flaws. I would like to fix them. First the factory track bar mount is cracked, also the 5" track bar bracket is hitting the lower spring pocket. Can I put a adj track bar in with a five inch lift?Also am getting bad axle wrap causing a vibration. Or should I rip this lift out and buy a quality lift kit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 08:20 PM

I have a 2013 Mega with the 5" RC lift, I also had axle vibration during takeoff, to solve that issue I ordered the carrier bearing drop kit from RC ($34.95), that eliminated the axle vibration completely. Is it the stock track bar mount that is cracked, or the track bar drop mount from RC that is cracked? If it is the drop mount from RC, you can call customer service and they will send you a new one, RC sent me new U-bolts no questions asked. If it is the OE track bar mount that is cracked, then you may have to see the dealer. As far as death wobble, maybe dual steering stabilizers could help, I got lucky and do not have death wobble at any speed and I have the factory steering stabilizer. I put the lift on myself, so I took my truck to the local shop so they could look over everything and they did me a solid and welded the RC track bar drop bracket to the trucks frame, just to reinforce it. Hope I helped a little

2013 6.7 2500 MegaCab Big Horn 4x4, 5" RC lift, Fuel Maverick 22x10, 37" Toyo MT
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

I have the carrier bearing drop bracket. Mine vibrates under a heavy pull up a hill. The rough country isn't cracked it's my bracket on my frame. I called rc and they said my bracket has changed and received fine tuning so I may order the new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Does your track bar bracket hit your spring pocket?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 10:19 PM

No it doesn't hit the pocket at all. When I first got my truck I ordered the RC 2" leveling kit, then I orederd the 5" lift and 37's. My tires rubbed when I turned hard or hit a bump, so I out the 2" leveling blocks on top of the 5" lift, no rub anymore. Now I have vibration with my front drive shaft, so I ordered the BDS transfer case index ring, haven't put it on yet so hopefully it will eliminate the vibration issue. But my track bar bracket doesn't come close to my spring pocket. But I do need to get an adjustable track bar, since I put the 2" leveling blocks on top of the 5" lift, it pulled my axle towards the driver side some

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 6.7 2500 MegaCab Big Horn 4x4, 5" RC lift, Fuel Maverick 22x10, 37" Toyo MT
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowking View Post
So I just got my newer truck about two months ago and she went on her maiden voyage with the camper on the back and holy it drives terrible. It has bad bump steer and has a bit of death wobble .It's a 2011 3500 longbox crew with the cummins. It has a 5" rough country lift that I believe has some flaws. I would like to fix them. First the factory track bar mount is cracked, also the 5" track bar bracket is hitting the lower spring pocket. Can I put a adj track bar in with a five inch lift?Also am getting bad axle wrap causing a vibration. Or should I rip this lift out and buy a quality lift kit.
Sounds like the lift kit is trying to live up to it's name, with the emphasis on the word "Rough"

Seriously, in my opinion lift kits and towing heavy loads especially top heavy campers are not a good combination.

JW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode