Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wabush NL, Canada
Thanked 43 Times in 35 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
ATS Copilot issues....
Hey guys Ive had my ATS Stave IV tranny for about a year now and last week I noticed that the 4th blue light is blinking on the co-pilot. This means low voltage for the line pressure sensor. It blinks before it is started and continues to do so while Im driving. A couple of times it stopped but came back again and now its on all the time. I have been in contact with ATS and I have checked a few things that they asked me to.
I have checked the following:
1. Checked line pressure sensor connector. Found a bit of corrosion on one of the pins. I cleaned the connector and the sensor to remove all of the blue crap, dried it and put some dielectric grease in it. Light is still blinking after this.
2. Brought truck to the local shop and they hooked the laptop to it to check for codes. No codes, not even logged ones for the line pressure sensor and the actual vs desired pressure reading was within 1 psi of each other.
3. ATS told me that a low oil level could cause this and with these transmissions with the sump being the way they are, they need to be slightly overfilled. I checked the level and it was already about 1/4" over the full mark so I added another half quart and light is still flashing. I didn't want to fill it too much.
4. ATS told me to unplug the co-pilot and jump out some of the wires in the co-pilot connector so the ecm could still read the line pressure sensor and go for a drive to see if any codes came up. Drove for about 30 mins and no codes came up.
5. Found that the negative terminal connection on the passenger battery had some corrosion on it so I cleaned it all up and put it back together. Light is still blinking.
I am thinking that the co-pilot is faulty because there are no codes at all from the ecm and when hooked to the laptop, the sensor reads fine. Anyone else run into this issue?
2016 2500 Laramie SAP. 295/60R20 Toyo AT2 Extreme, 20" Mayhem Rampage, Edge Insight CTS2.
(Traded) 2011.5 2500 Longhorn. 325/65R18 Duratracs, 18" Method Double Standards, Fabtech 4.5" , Fox 2.0's + Carli Stabilizer, track bar, sway bar, Dynatrac Balljoints, BD Brace, S467, Steed Speed, Source Second Gen, ATS Stage IV, Mini Maxx, Flo Pro 5", Shibby GHD, Intake Horn, Boost Tube, H11 Studs, Nav Unlock. Royalty Core, N-Fab Steps, LED tails & Brake, Black Headlights, Retro Solutions, Stubby Antenna