EGR Delete Kit - Sinister vs. the rest? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
NSM
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
EGR Delete Kit - Sinister vs. the rest?

Just out of curiosity for those who have installed the EGR Cooler/Valve Delete Kits, does anyone have an opinion as to the ones offered out there.

I see three major options.

1. Sinister Kit - $199.00

2. Glacier Diesel Kit - $169.00

3. Shibby Engineering Kit - $143.00

None of them offer a parts list or detailed pictures, so I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on here of what differentiates them from each other. Obviously they should perform the same task. Is it as simple as build quality and fit/finish, or is it something else.

I'm sure I can't be the only one asking this question.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 08:53 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 4,036 Times in 3,010 Posts
I have the sinister it allows for the coolant to to flow. Others block the coolant bypass . The mounting plate on the intake looks really cool

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2016 4x4 3500 Laramie CCLB LOST MY EXHAUST SO I HAVE AN 18 INCH RESONATOR AND EGRDELETE.. ALSO HAVE EFILIVE BY PPEI
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.42 rear ,68 trans TUNED BY PPEI
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Cummins Nut

I used glacier diesel but i also have the s-2 intake and heater grid delete with their throttle valve delete with grid relocate and the boost tube. Great products all around.

2012 CC/SB 4X4 68RFE Midnight Blue Pearl - S&B, GDP (to much to list), H&S mm, ATS Atomizer, FLO-PRO 5", Mag-hytec, ARP425
SOON - GDP fuel filter delete and FASS (FINGERS CROSSED)
The Following User Says Thank You to HeavyMech08 For This Useful Post:
Irish Carbomb (12-27-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
NSM
Cummins Fan

I just modified my search of the forum a bit and have gotten a few other differences. The sinister is pre-tapped for the EGT probe and addresses the location of the dipstick, as well as a properly shaped coolant hose to prevent blocked flow.

It also shows that it has gone up $70 in the last year!!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 4,036 Times in 3,010 Posts
I contacted sinister about the properly shape coolant line. I wanted an extra for my bonny box . The response was we don't sell just the coolant hose . I never look for an after market at the auto parts store, just wondering if there is one . So at this time I just have a straight piece of hoes as a replacement in case of an emergency

2016 4x4 3500 Laramie CCLB LOST MY EXHAUST SO I HAVE AN 18 INCH RESONATOR AND EGRDELETE.. ALSO HAVE EFILIVE BY PPEI
3.42 rear ,68 trans TUNED BY PPEI
The Following User Says Thank You to Ratdog1 For This Useful Post:
NSM (12-23-2013)
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
NSM
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdog1 View Post
I contacted sinister about the properly shape coolant line. I wanted an extra for my bonny box . The response was we don't sell just the coolant hose . I never look for an after market at the auto parts store, just wondering if there is one . So at this time I just have a straight piece of hoes as a replacement in case of an emergency

It looks like Glacier Diesel sells just the properly shaped coolant line.

Glacier Diesel Power - Product Detail
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdog1 View Post
I have the sinister it allows for the coolant to to flow. Others block the coolant bypass . The mounting plate on the intake looks really cool

I've installed both. For my money I'll take the one that routes coolant back to the engine as opposed to blocking it. FYI- I dont think anyone has shown that one is better or worse for the engine though, I just like not blocking it better
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Cummins Fan

I had put a h&s on mine which had the block off. Didn't like the fact that the coolant line was removed, figured it was there for a reason from cummins so went to Napa and got a hose with 90 and some length so it come up does a 90 and then sweeping bend to vent. Cost me $10

2007.5 3500, H&S MM, H&S Egr valve and cooler delete, DPF delete, ARP 625. H&S O/D. Your right its a shop queen truck. SOLD at 115k but not forgotten.
2012 3500 Laramie, edge insight cts, 3.73 rears, stock. Wife won't let me touch this one.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Cummins Fanatic

I have the the sinister kit on mine and liked the fact that it didn't block the coolant and also had a pre tapped spot for my get probe.

They also have great customer service. I had an oring to bad on the coolant hose, emailed them and within a few days had a couple new ones at my door.

2010 Crew Cab 2500 6 speed, S&B air intake, H&S Mini Maxx Race tuner, SBDD 3250, FASS 150, Sinister EGR delete, GDP grid heater delete, GDP inline heater, GDP intake horn, GDP 3.5 Boost tube, Issopro pillar gauges, 5" Flow Pro TBE , Tuff Country traction bars, 2.5 leveling kit, Retro Shop smoked taillights and 3rd, MCC from Draconian Diesel
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I have the sinister on my '12 and so far everything has been good with it.

'12 Mineral Grey HO CCSB, Deleted. Studded. EFI Live by Anarchy
13 sec club 💨
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 10:30 PM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSM View Post
It looks like Glacier Diesel sells just the properly shaped coolant line.

Glacier Diesel Power - Product Detail
I had the h.s delete kit. It blocked the coolant. I did not like it so order the bypass hose from glacier. Very nice product. Your package ships out tomorrow!

2014 ram 3500 SB 4x4 g56
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I ran both the sinister firet and the GDP second. With sinister I had a lot of fitment issues with the dipstick peice. Honestly that part was garbage. I ended up buying the parts needed to run the GDP stuff and everything seems well thought out and practicable. I really lime their application of part such as the clamp the connect the coolant reroute hose on to the hard metal coolant hose. I wouldn't waste my money with sinister stuff just go GDP and you will not regret it. Its all machined fabricated l parts so its not like either quality is bad its just gdps application makes more sense and it works without fail

2011 2500
EZ PPEI-Fleece-Isspro-FloPro-GDP-ARP-Revmax-Torkers-SXE365-4:10s
The Following User Says Thank You to imkindofabigdeal For This Useful Post:
Irish Carbomb (12-27-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode