Looking ahead - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gr8bawana
  • 1 Post By nick00less

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Looking ahead

Let’s have a real “down to earth” discussion. What we all see happening and your experiences. Yes we all know what has happened with the epa and emissions and the future for the diesel community. From all the podcasts, interviews, phones calls, YouTube videos, social media we have all seen or gotten a glimpse as the To direction The diesel industry is headed. Kinda a huge grey area still to be honest.

We can all agree we love diesels, hell its why we are all in this forum. But you look around and things are changing. But no one has really said really given us direction as to what to do next or what we can do. No im not gonna have the argument whether its against the law, emissions vs non emissions. This is not what this is about. It’s a passion about building our trucks.

I’d love to get into a another 4th gen, sencond gen swap it and so forth. Finding exhausts are slim to none, turbo kits are slowly disappearing, and hard parts too.custom tuning has been wiped out on the internet, yes they are prob a couple underground guys left. You see companies releasing emissions tuning and new “ drop in turbos” that are compliant. Okay, great but what about the tuning to make that thing run like it should, with this new so called turbo, and the injectors they are still selling, and other crap that you know would have to have “custom tuning”.I still see builds on social media, YouTube, shop trucks and even trucks that were at sema . And I’m like okay, how the hell are you doing this, who’s tuning the truck, where the hell are you finding the parts. Yes I know, I’ve heard the “ if you know where to looK” phrase since this all started. But hell, most guys Don’t know, and it’s leaves us kinda lost lol. Yes everyone is like hush hush. But really tho. What do y’all see is going to happen. Is the day of having fun, modifying your daily truck over and we strictly stuck with track trucks on trailers?

08 2500 6.7 megacab_s465_425s_4.10gears_EFI/Anarchy_Dave matthews tcm_5tbe_deleted_ccvreroute_leveled_35s"Sold01 24vauto_Edge Juice/Att_hot unlock_5tbe_BHAH_hx35_DAP 125s_fully built trans_fuel boss pump_20x9s_305s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 05:52 PM
Cummins Fanatic

N of 60 likes this.

2017 4x4 2500
6.7 CTD 100% stock
33.700 miles
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Still got the trolls in the forums I see

08 2500 6.7 megacab_s465_425s_4.10gears_EFI/Anarchy_Dave matthews tcm_5tbe_deleted_ccvreroute_leveled_35s"Sold01 24vauto_Edge Juice/Att_hot unlock_5tbe_BHAH_hx35_DAP 125s_fully built trans_fuel boss pump_20x9s_305s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 10:56 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty24 View Post
Still got the trolls in the forums I see
No, to many threads on this already. Besides, it will be whatever happens. Do you think someone here will have that answer. Cmon. If the time comes, well it comes.

2011,4wd LB/CC 2500 H&S Mini MCC by Tomeygun, BD protect 68rfe VB seperator plate enhanced stall triple disk TC, Super B 64.5/80/.91 3rd gen mani & inline EB, Arp 425s, Fass Titanium 95. Spare Mini in my closet.High tech old school and finally lovin it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 12:27 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,324 Posts
Industry isn’t going anywhere. So a few people get popped, big deal. There is no reason to start yet again another thread on this topic.

TONS of tuners, TONS of hard parts still available. eBay, amazon, etc..

I understand your concern, forgive us if we seem a little edgy, it’s just these threads keep popping up,

'18 6.7 S472-5 Blade 2018 Build
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Oh I know. I am too. There’s a lot of questions people still have and they get shut down or get the same reply. Just wanted to see what people are thinking and seeing cause hell its changing every day lol. Something getting released. Someone or something gettin busted. Be nice to keep the convo on going just as the the industry and this new ordeal is

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 11:28 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,324 Posts
I’ve heard the same song and dance for years. Yes the day may one day come. Or technology just might beat the EPA to the punch where new laws and regulations aren’t needed.

Lots of business busted this year. Lots of places no longer selling parts that used to. There’s really not much to go off of other than the actions of the past.

My opinion is if you or anyone is on the fence about deleting, 2nd gen swaps, etc. the time is now. The future doesn’t look too promising. But it doesn’t look grim either.

There will always be a work around these exhaust systems. So let’s say they stop selling them (which they haven’t) big deal. Dozens of online places that sell round 4” pieces of metal tube that you can simply put in place of your emission equipment with a couple of clamps. Leave your stock downpipe and tail pipe in place. Is the epa going to ban exhaust parts for semi trucks now? Ha. Like I said. There is always a work around for hard parts.

Or you can simply buy one of the MANY filter back exhaust systems that will always be for sale because they leave the emission equipment in place. Buy a 5” filter back. Then buy some 5” straight pipe from anywhere (because metal pipe will never be illegal). Then connect your filter back system to your down pipe. Bam done! You see how easy it is to work around these things.

The epa is good at one thing and one thing only. Scare people. If they stop the sale of products titled “DELETE KITS” and “6.7 CUMMINS EXHAUST DELETE SYSTEM” then they hope people will bang their heads against the wall in fear, “ahh man the EPA is winning!! all hope is lost!! There’s no more KITS or SYSTEMS available anymore! The world is ending! Now we really can’t delete our trucks anymore!” Yes they may stop the low IQ caveman shopper who has half a brain and doesn’t realize there’s still work arounds. But they won’t stop everyone.

Now as for the work around regarding EFI live, ez Lynk, raceme..that’s a different convo for a different day. But I assure you there will always be a work around with software just like there is with hardware. Always
G. Mcpherson likes this.

'18 6.7 S472-5 Blade 2018 Build
The Following User Says Thank You to nick00less For This Useful Post:
N of 60 (12-07-2019)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Thanks brotha. I’m just trying to figure out as much as I can and keep this as a friendly convo for anyone.

Yeah exhaust you can definitely piece together . Deletes... ehh.. since it has the word “delete” are def being targeted. Tuning is definitely what I’m most interested in and lost as to what will happen like you said. I haven’t ridden in an emissions tuned truck yet so idk how they feel in comparison to what I am used to. And it’s funny to hear people in the industry say that emissions in the new trucks are so much better. Sure they are, Yes they are making more power with tuning, emissions system seem to be running more efficiently with fewer problems, but dang most people don’t have the money to go buy a new 60-70 thousand dollar truck with the “better” emissions lol. Everyone else is Still gonna be dealing with bad NOx sensors, stuck vanes, Actuators, clogged egrs. Etc. I hate hearing that. I’d love to learn the tables and make my tunes.. but with my luck I’d turn the truck into a bomb lol. Always got the 7.3 for emergencies!!!

Switching it up alittle bit. Has anyone tried any of the new tunes PPEI or calibrated power has released?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode