My new 13 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

2Likes
  • 1 Post By N of 60
  • 1 Post By RD TRCTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
My new 13 Future delete question

So this is Cummins #4 for me... Last one was a 11 fully deleted with HS with trans tune. Was a great truck..

I just picked up a 13. It has 77k on the ticker. Eventually I plan to delete it. But the options now and a few years ago were very different. I had plans on waiting until the EGR or something else went out before I deleted it. Looking at the way things are going, I am worried that if I wait a year there will be ZERO options to achieve my goals and ill be stuck with a 2k DPF replacement....

I know the future looks dark for off road tunes....but how dark is it actually?

2013 Mega Laramine longhorn. 6" BDS Long arm, 22" Hostages, 37x13.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fusion Bumpers, Back flip, AMP steps, Mag Diff Covers.... 3 previous cummins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 02:40 AM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
And another repeat. Let’s start another one then list the outfit that can still provide it. If your concerned, go buy 2 of what you need now and store one in the closet. When testing comes along, just say you bought it this way and what’s a DPF.
Drle likes this.

2011,4wd LB/CC 2500 H&S Mini MCC by Tomeygun, BD protect 68rfe VB seperator plate enhanced stall triple disk TC, Super B 64.5/80/.91 3rd gen mani & inline EB, Arp 425s, Fass Titanium 95. Spare Mini in my closet.High tech old school and finally lovin it.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 02:58 AM
Cummins Enthusiast

Or to create mass panic, hysteria, and the start of a revolution, single out light duty diesel trucks only for testing.

And call it "Diesel Air Care", and mandate it to renew or register.

2015 SLT 3500 CC 68/3.42 SRW Ashtray Delete / EVIC Metric System Deletes 4X4 Bright White with tongue firmly in cheek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by N of 60 View Post
And another repeat. Letís start another one then list the outfit that can still provide it. If your concerned, go buy 2 of what you need now and store one in the closet. When testing comes along, just say you bought it this way and whatís a DPF.
Thanks for your constructive post.. Its not quite a repeat and its obvious on where to get things now. I was more concerned about general concensus on future availabilities of options...

2013 Mega Laramine longhorn. 6" BDS Long arm, 22" Hostages, 37x13.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fusion Bumpers, Back flip, AMP steps, Mag Diff Covers.... 3 previous cummins
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 12:12 PM
Diesel Head

Thank you for your non-constructive thread starting with several of them out and you’re looking for general consensus. Cmon man people on here said H&S wasn’t going anywhere. You have Adults and bleeding hearts listening to Greta the child. Consensus is all common sense is pretty much gone. Anything can happen. Just like your President. Everything is like it was back in HIGH SCHOOL . True, fact, fiction, fake news....... on and on.
Who is right, who is wrong, it doesn’t matter any more. Gossip wins. I will take home the blond cheerleader for the win.

2011,4wd LB/CC 2500 H&S Mini MCC by Tomeygun, BD protect 68rfe VB seperator plate enhanced stall triple disk TC, Super B 64.5/80/.91 3rd gen mani & inline EB, Arp 425s, Fass Titanium 95. Spare Mini in my closet.High tech old school and finally lovin it.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 02:11 PM
Mike @ Dude's Diesel Performance

Congrats on the new truck. I’ve got 81k on my 13.

If it’ll give you piece of mind having parts in your garage or basement I say go for it.

When I bought my truck at 58k I said it was going to stay stock. A few months later I decided to do a weight reduction on it.

What I’m getting at is be realistic with your goal for the truck, if you’re not going to trade or sell it for a long time then do as you wish.

It will be harder to sell/trade with no emissions and that is not a new thing due to recent events it’s been like that for years now.

2013 Ram 2500
John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
FACEBOOK
INSTAGRAM
Or Email me at:
[email protected]
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 01:16 PM

Just did mine and such a better truck. I believe there are always going to be options. Just can't flaunt it like the industry did for so long. Looking online especially auction sites or social media there is still plenty of options.

Finally got a Cummins...

Last edited by morepower71; 11-18-2019 at 01:21 PM. Reason: wrong post
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 02:36 PM

With the current climate and no one really knowing what's next, you may be best off to obtain the parts and sit on them.

EGR and throttle valve improvement parts are available on eBay.

An exhaust kit will be the hardest to obtain, unless you're in Canada. They're out there, may require some serious googling.

Tuning, it's not going away, just won't be advertised. Find a guy closest to you and work with him.
N of 60 likes this.

2006 Cummins QC SB G56 4x4
505 HP and 1037 lbf-ft
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 04:22 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD TRCTR View Post
With the current climate and no one really knowing what's next, you may be best off to obtain the parts and sit on them.

EGR and throttle valve improvement parts are available on eBay.

An exhaust kit will be the hardest to obtain, unless you're in Canada. They're out there, may require some serious googling.

Tuning, it's not going away, just won't be advertised. Find a guy closest to you and work with him.
A piece of straight pipe and splice is really only needed for the exhaust.
You could get fancy and have flanges made up.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

Thanks guys. I was most worried about running options... hell I used to weld for a living... I'm not to worried about the exhaust or the egr block offs. I was most concerned about the tune. Like I said this is icy 6th diesel, will be the second one I delete. It will come in time... just not right away...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode