Previously tuned ram - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

1Likes
  • 1 Post By dahammer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Previously tuned ram

Hello all . Quick question . I bought a used 2013 2500 that is deleted and tuned , no programmer . I have a bully dog to throw in it now so I know what is on there . If I take it to the dealer to reflash to stock and throw the bully dog in will it still be unlocked ? Or will reflashing stock software relock the ecm ? I dont have the unlock cable anymore so don't want to end up stuck in the parking lot of the dealership .
Thanks

2012 Laramie 3500 with AFE Stage 2 intake and dry filter , Mini Maxx and Flo 4 " exhaust , 2.5 " leveling kit , 35 inch Nitto Trail Grapplers on Black chrome rims , Bushwhacker fender flares , digital HID high beam lights . More to come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 03:17 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Unlocked is unlocked. If you want EB and cold start smoke issues then for sure run the BD. Much better options out there.

2011,4wd LB/CC 2500 H&S Mini MCC by Tomeygun, BD protect 68rfe VB seperator plate enhanced stall triple disk TC, Super B 64.5/80/.91 3rd gen mani & inline EB, Arp 425s, Fass Titanium 95. Spare Mini in my closet.High tech old school and finally lovin it.
The Following User Says Thank You to N of 60 For This Useful Post:
dahammer (10-28-2019)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I have run the BD before on my 16 with no issues . I have had Min max on my 12 to and liked the custom tuning I had done . I will probably get some tuning done once I am little more flush . but for now I want to be able to control what tuning I have on the truck . Right now it's a crapshoot . It is running hot tune I am sure and for pulling a trailer and stuff I want to dial it down . Just came back from a 2500Km round trip pulling a trailer and 2 bison in the truck and it was a sketchy drive as it kept trying to defuel in 6th on the hllls as soon as it had to work a bit . Last thing I want is to melt a valve or piston running hot tunes lol . Thanks for the input . I just wasn't sure if it would lock again once flashed .
N of 60 likes this.

2012 Laramie 3500 with AFE Stage 2 intake and dry filter , Mini Maxx and Flo 4 " exhaust , 2.5 " leveling kit , 35 inch Nitto Trail Grapplers on Black chrome rims , Bushwhacker fender flares , digital HID high beam lights . More to come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode