Cummins Diesel Forum banner

What CTT Tune are you running?

232K views 1K replies 110 participants last post by  dirty24 
#1 ·
Just flashed with an EZ Lynk and CTT tune and just finished my relearn. Im currently running the 30HP W/TCM Tuning 2.1

Whats everyone else using?

#4 ·
I just tuned mine this weekend but will have to again since i forgot to put in my tire size. Speedometer was about 5-6 mph slower than actual.

I called CTT and explained what i was looking for and my driving style (DD not looking for massive power just a little more response) and he recommended the above.

From everything i read, they overly stress the 30-40 mile break in after tuning. Definitely not something you tune and then go race everyone you know

#10 ·
I will be placing my order this month for CTT, with Trans tuning, was thinking of doing the 68RFE High Performance Towing/HD Valve Body as well

#12 ·
I'm running the latest update after installing stock/s400 compounds. I previously was running 3.0 and I can tell some major changes in the trans tuning. 3rd gear lockup is gone now and there is no shift flares also after adding compounds I get no more than a haze at wot. Truck runs very clean and smooth now.

#16 ·
I have been running the 3.2 beta SOTF w/TCM for about 9k miles. I like the trans tuning. For the engine tuning it seems to be a bit more Smokey than the 2.1 I was running. I dont wide open throttle my truck at all and it is my daily driver.
I noticed that the ez lynk does not show the tune level 1-5 anymore when you use the sotf to change power levels. Anyone else lose this feature?

#24 ·
@A.carlisle16 do you have the 3rd to 4th shift chirp with 2.1B? What 2.1 did you run before that? I had 3rd to 4th chirp with 2.1D but in a lot of ways I like the 2.1 tune better than this new 3.4.1 tune I have currently. I'm debating switching back but don't like the chirp.
Mine has the 3 to 4 shift chirp/gunt/shreik or whatever you want to call it, but it's only on the tunes with locked shifts like the 2.1 tunes and only random. Even a intact tune I have with locked shifts does it

#23 ·
Been running the 2.1 130hp with trans tuning for a little while now. I was running the 80hp one for like 8k miles before that. I like the 130 for daily right now, I rarely drive the truck over 50% throttle so I enjoy the power/response it has with the 130 in it. I never got any updates past the 2.1 so I can't comment on those. I have a 2017.

#29 ·
Switched back to the 2.1 tune 2 days ago. The harsh 5-4 downshift coasting uphill on all of the 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 tunes did it in for me. I only have about 350km's on the 2.1 tune but I'm back to enjoying the truck now! I had the same issue with the 3.x tunes where performance didn't feel any different than the eco tune. I've had about 15 different tunes/revisions since April from CTT, but overall the newer tunes aren't as good as the 2.1E tune that I have. Pros and cons to all of the ones I've tried though.

#33 ·
The 30HP W/TCM Tuning 2.1 doesnt smoke at all (that ive noticed) and shifts are pretty smooth under ~50% throttle. Above that and they can get a little "jerky". All in all im really happy with they way everything turned out. Time will tell though, i currently only have about 1,000 miles on it since i did everything

Reactions: cwendel
#35 ·
I'm running the SOTF V2.1D with TCM and LBF in the 3rd setting. Truck runs great. The only thing that I've noticed is 3rd gear winds way out before shifting into 4th. Mostly noticeable when driving where the speed limit is 30-35mph. The truck tends to be higher in the RPM unless you go fast enough for it to shift into 4th then slow down. Hope that makes sense :wink2:

Reactions: cwendel
#43 ·
My listing of downloads has tunes with an ER for emissions removed as listed in the description of the tune.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
using Tapatalk