Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Deleting soon and looking for input/feedback

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Fass6.7 
#1 ·
So I will be deleting soon since my warranty is coming to an end and want to go over the parts required and get feedback on the best products. Here is the list I put together:

1) EGR delete (GDP brand? Any other good recommendations?)
2) GDP Billet Standpipe Heater Hose Adapter
3) Grid heater delete (GDP brand? Any other good recommendations?) In FL so always hot weather. Maybe some days it will get to the 40's during winter time.
4) Valve body delete (any advantage to this?)
5) Flopro 5" or 4" (still thinking about which one size to get)
6) FTE or twister resonator
7) Ezlynk with CTT tuning/transmission tuning most likely

Anything I am missing or would recommend?

Thanks!

#4 ·
1-4 waste of money if you’re running CTT. Hell you don’t even have to unplug anything. Their tuning simply shuts if off in the ECM.

5” for the win. It’s deeper. 4” is ok but not nearly as throaty.

I wouldn’t delete anything under the hood until you do a 2nd gen swap when you actually HAVE to remove certain stuff. Until then it’s a waste of time and money with zero gain.

#6 ·
I thought you still needed to install those items but I guess not. I did want to install them though to cleanup the engine bay and maybe clean out the soot that has already built up.

#8 ·
Recently tuned my '14. Didn't unhook or remove any EGR stuff. Didn't want to fool with it at the time. I went with CTT and everything is wonderful as far as not removing the EGR components. I line in Indiana, so not looking to remove the grid heater anyway. I went with the 5" P1 exhaust (looks to be formerly MBRP). I was able to get it online easily since Flo-Pro is not easily available any more. I like the sound of it. I went with no muffler and it really is not loud in the cab. I was concerned it would be, but it isn't. It can be loud outside, but not enough to be too loud. nick00less has posted before that when the EGR was left on the truck, it tends to make the exhaust somewhat quieter. I think I believe him on that. I added a 5-6" tip in the last couple of days, and I think it actually got quieter. No big deal, I just wanted to extend out from the body a bit to keep the white bumper from getting so black. I had to trim the pipe a bit so it didn't stick out too far, so I think it looks good now.

#11 ·
I would honestly think twice about deleting until your forced to because emission parts failures. PPEI just announced they will no longer be offering delete tunes or "race" parts and I think it is the way of the future. The last thing I would want is to delete my truck and then be stuck with it if all the tuning companies stop dealing with deletes. It is a huge liability for them. Anyway just my 2 cents.

Reactions: dmorrison
#12 ·
Ppei is pretty open about their tuning as well as CTT, CTT has the canadian thing sorta protecting them now but not really,its a matter of time til they all get cracked but their will be more coming behind them. Too much money to be had not to get in the business. Forums like these and now with the slough of Facebook diesel groups doesn't help our cause, i tried doing my part to keep a "code" with selecting certain words to not use. But its pointless people will still speak openly and once one goes down another will arise so its whatever. Im not gonna lose sleep on it. Back to the topic i agree if you're not doing a 2nd gen swap don't waste time tearing all that off let the tuning disable it. For what its worth DRD may stick around the longest of the tuners out there today, yes you have to jump theough hoops to get to him but there is a method to his madness. Carry on lol

#13 ·
Also, alot of the guys that been around the diesel world lived through this a few times, most notably when H &S went down years ago everyone thought that was the end and people scrambled to buy up what they could. All for not, tuning actually got way better and more options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.