Suggestions please on new truck upgrades - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 08:11 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,415 Times in 2,489 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Cts2 may be a little slow. But really the time it takes for it to boot is about the time you should be idling before taking off anyway. As for changing PIDs, I never had issue with mine. And you really dont switch them often, or at least I dont.
Paying extra for tuning platform you wont use is a bit of a waste. I believe efi is a more capable tuning platform than mm3 anyway.
As for the rest, well The Poz pretty much nailed it so I kinda stopped reading there. Lol.

Scooty Puff Sr - 2016 3500 CCLB
Truckasaurus - 2010 2500 CCSB -sold
The Following User Says Thank You to the man in black For This Useful Post:
b5dart70 (08-14-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by b5dart70 View Post
Interesting. On the classifieds?

And yea, i know what you mean on the "leave on the shelf" lol, but i told myself NOT ON THIS TRUCK lol

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

No it was on a website canít remember which. Anarchy diesel sells the efi live with cts2 for $1200 right now. And the mm3 for about the same. But doesnít show edge cts2 for 2018 only the mm3.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aburdett For This Useful Post:
b5dart70 (08-14-2019)
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 08:49 PM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by b5dart70 View Post
That's what I figured, thank you. keeping it stock! lol

How you liking those Ridge Grapplers?
I like my Ridge Grapplers very much. Only about 10k miles on them but they still look new, handle well and are quiet. If these last any fair amount of time Iíll be replacing them with another set of the same ones when the time comes later down the road.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7L CTD 4x4 Outdoorsman. 18in Dropstar 645B -12 wrapped in 35x12.5r18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers "SAP Clone". EFI Live by Anarchy, 5in Flo Pro TBE.
The Following User Says Thank You to HFolb23 For This Useful Post:
b5dart70 (08-14-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
good info here.

CAI is a waste- put it toward gauge monitor.

Exhaust- same thing- leave it for now.

Monitor- I ran the CTS2 for a while. I was not impressed. It takes 30 seconds+/1 to load which doesnt sound long but it is. The screen is not very responsive. Often times you need to smash the screen or touch a PID/Menu more than once.

I would look at the MM3 (i run one now). If you think you may be interested in tuning down the road you could use that as your platform. Black Market diesel has a monitor that is coming out that looks really slick. I am not sure how it will perform but honestly about anything will be better than the CTS2 IMO. The only thing that unit has going for it is it looks very clean. I'd rather have a bit more clunky looking unit that works well then a sleek one that doesn't. The BMP ones looks more like the CTS2- it is EZLYNK compatible if that's what you are thinking also- link below

Black Market Live Spec Monitor

CAI/Exhaust - That's the plan, leaving it for now.

Good to know about the CTS2, Thanks for the info, I will definitely take a closer look at the MM3, and the black market. Appreciate your input

18 2500 Mega - White, sport appearance package, fox 2.0 in front, leveling kit...stock otherwise
06 2500 Mega - SOLD 3/2018
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFolb23 View Post
I like my Ridge Grapplers very much. Only about 10k miles on them but they still look new, handle well and are quiet. If these last any fair amount of time Iíll be replacing them with another set of the same ones when the time comes later down the road.
Awesome, these are definitely what I am going with, just debating between the 35x11.50/12.50x20 or the 295/65/R20s, leaning more towards the 295/65/R20s

18 2500 Mega - White, sport appearance package, fox 2.0 in front, leveling kit...stock otherwise
06 2500 Mega - SOLD 3/2018
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode