2018 Cummins ez Lynk or EFI Live - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2018 Cummins ez Lynk or EFI Live

Planning to delete and tune my truck while also regearing for 37’s. Trying to decide on ez Lynk or EFI Live.

Talk me into one or the other please haha. I’ve always known EFI Live, the other is new to me but seems very nice! I only want one tune for mileage, truck has plenty of power imo. But it sure would be nice to program the speedo for the 37’s. What do you guys like?

Another question I had. This truck vs my L5P Duramax I had before seems very very lazy off the bottom like the turbo has a bunch of lag. There’s also a throttle hesitation at times like if I’m turning right through a stoplight and I slow down to almost a stop then take off it hesitates. Will tuning fix these couple of things?

2018 titanium limited RAM 2500 megacab in white. Thuren 2.75 springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren fox 2.0's at all 4 corners, 2" air bag spacer in rear, 18x9 Method nv hd, 37x13.50r18 Toyo RT, EZ LYNK with SOTF, MBRP 4" with muffler, 4.56 gears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 01:57 AM

My vote is for the ez lynk… but only because I've used it on other trucks and noticed how easy it is to use. I feel it has way more options than the EFI live.
URDiesel likes this.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by competitivecore View Post
My vote is for the ez lynk… but only because I've used it on other trucks and noticed how easy it is to use. I feel it has way more options than the EFI live.
That seems to be what i have heard, just didn't know if it justified the extra cost involved.

2018 titanium limited RAM 2500 megacab in white. Thuren 2.75 springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren fox 2.0's at all 4 corners, 2" air bag spacer in rear, 18x9 Method nv hd, 37x13.50r18 Toyo RT, EZ LYNK with SOTF, MBRP 4" with muffler, 4.56 gears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 10:06 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
You said you wanted to calibrate for the 37,s. What’s that worth to you?

2011,4wd LB/CC 2500 H&S Mini MCC by Tomeygun, BD protect 68rfe VB seperator plate enhanced stall triple disk TC, Super B 64.5/80/.91 3rd gen mani & inline EB, Arp 425s, Fass Titanium 95. Spare Mini in my closet.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
High tech old school and finally lovin it.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:45 AM

My vote is EZLynk. I love mine. Just leave it plugged in and you can use your phone/ tablet to check your gauges anytime you want. The app is very customizable, you arrange whatever gauges you want in any order. I’m tuned through PPEI, anytime an update or new tune comes out app will notify you and it is extremely easy to update/ switch tunes. I also like that I don’t have to have a display of I don’t want to, sitting in the cab you wouldn’t know it’s deleted. Well except for the fact that the exhaust got a little rumble and if I want I can smoke out a mustang. lol.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 11:02 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Just got EZLynk done to my as well and i wouldnt go any other way. Needed an update since something was tweaked with my tune and PPEI sent out one almost instantly upon being notified. Plugged the unlock cable and all done from my phone.
vdrsnk likes this.

2018 Ram 2500 Thuren 2.75" Coils | Thuren Front & Rear Track Bar | Thuren King 2.5 Shocks all around | King Steering Dampener | Thuren Sway Bar | 1" Rear Air Bag Extension Links | 325/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers | XD820 20x9 0 Offset
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by N of 60 View Post
You said you wanted to calibrate for the 37,s. What’s that worth to you?
I can’t stand a speedometer being off so for me quite a bit I guess.

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_R283 View Post
My vote is EZLynk. I love mine. Just leave it plugged in and you can use your phone/ tablet to check your gauges anytime you want. The app is very customizable, you arrange whatever gauges you want in any order. I’m tuned through PPEI, anytime an update or new tune comes out app will notify you and it is extremely easy to update/ switch tunes. I also like that I don’t have to have a display of I don’t want to, sitting in the cab you wouldn’t know it’s deleted. Well except for the fact that the exhaust got a little rumble and if I want I can smoke out a mustang. lol.
I really like the idea of being able to use my phone for monitoring it while towing. EGT through Colorado hills is what I want to keep an eye on. Otherwise like you I never care to look at extra gages.

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 04:13 PM
Cummins Fan

Imma stay with this thread, my 16 just threw a nox sensor code, promised myself to delete soon as those emissions parts start acting stupid so this is my cue. Only 49k on the truck smh, been reading a whole lot on tuners and still haven't decided on one. I will be running a 4" turbo back exhaust system.

By the way OP, the speedo can easily be calibrated using a bi directional scanner, if you know someone with one or stop at a shop real quick and see if they will do it for you.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyute View Post
Imma stay with this thread, my 16 just threw a nox sensor code, promised myself to delete soon as those emissions parts start acting stupid so this is my cue. Only 49k on the truck smh, been reading a whole lot on tuners and still haven't decided on one. I will be running a 4" turbo back exhaust system.

By the way OP, the speedo can easily be calibrated using a bi directional scanner, if you know someone with one or stop at a shop real quick and see if they will do it for you.
Are you talking the oem mopar calibrater? I was told you couldn’t recalibrate for a tire as big as a 37.

I plan on a 4” exhaust as well btw. With some resonators in there. I will not deal with any drone.

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:50 AM

Ez Lynk is ok but nothing to write home about. Bluetooth doesnt work, looses connection with phone constantly and it costs more than EFI. Its easier than EFI if you are needing constant updates. I had EFI on my dmax and it worked great; but it was more of a pain to get updates
as I added things to the truck. Plus I have seen where people criticized a tuner and got blocked from the cloud and could no longer access tune files. Not exactly sure how much trash talked happened before they were cut off but they still paid a lot of money for tunes and had them taken away. Cant do that with EFI.

You will need an additional unlock cable to change tire size with EZ Lynk on an 18. I just used my ALFA app because I wanted to do other things that ALFA also does. Also if you have upper trim level Ram with heated and vented seats then tunes are limited for 2018. If you dont have those options than any tune works.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstraps View Post
Ez Lynk is ok but nothing to write home about. Bluetooth doesnt work, looses connection with phone constantly and it costs more than EFI. Its easier than EFI if you are needing constant updates. I had EFI on my dmax and it worked great; but it was more of a pain to get updates
as I added things to the truck. Plus I have seen where people criticized a tuner and got blocked from the cloud and could no longer access tune files. Not exactly sure how much trash talked happened before they were cut off but they still paid a lot of money for tunes and had them taken away. Cant do that with EFI.

You will need an additional unlock cable to change tire size with EZ Lynk on an 18. I just used my ALFA app because I wanted to do other things that ALFA also does. Also if you have upper trim level Ram with heated and vented seats then tunes are limited for 2018. If you dont have those options than any tune works.
This is great information, thank you.

I have contemplated buying that alfa obd tool for some different items along with recal for the 37's.

My ram does have both heated and vented seats, so i am hoping EFI/EZ LYNK can tune it then. Funny those options have something to do with tuning the engine and trans.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode