Stealth Module Review - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Stealth Module Review

Just installed a stealth module on my 2018 Ram Cummins g56. Was a little bit of a pain to get the factory harness unplugged but other than that the install was fairly straight forward. First impression of the module is it actually does provide quite a boost in power from what I can tell so far. In third gear starting at 1600rpm to wot it has trouble keeping traction and when hitting 4th it really starts pulling. I was a huge skeptic of this when I first heard about but said what the hell and decided to give it a try. I have an extended warranty and was not willing to let it go to delete and custom tune the truck, as much as I would love to itís just not feasible. Anyone looking at this module should really give it a try I highly suggest it. Will update in a few days about mpg and I also have a 3 run dyno session booked for Monday to see exactly what itís giving me for numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 06:42 PM
Diesel Head

Garage
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Explain how this doesn’t void your warranty again. Specifically the powertrain.

Glad you like it.

19 2500 Longhorn Mega 4x4

11 SRT8 Challenger M6 - Corsa; 295 Nittos

post #3 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 06:51 PM

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing the dyno results. Thanks for the new thread.
Immacummin2693 likes this.

2016 2500, Mega Cab, Silver, 4x4, Laramie, 2.5Ē Rough Country spacers, 315/60-20 Toyo MTís, 20x9 Method NVís, Amp steps, 15% ceramic tint all around 50% on windshield, Diode Dynamics HID low beams and LED fogs, Royalty Core grille
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Stealth Module Review

Iím not saying it 100% wonít void it. However itís very unlikely because it doesnít leave a footprint on the computer. Iím not a salesman and donít exactly know how it works but itís completely untraceable so Iím told. Unless they physically see it which is unlikely especially how I have it hid in behind the battery thereís really no way of knowing itís there unless you know what your looking for.

post #5 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 06:58 PM
Cummins Fan

I'd still take it off before you take the truck to the dealer....

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Ltd CTD 68RFE
post #6 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 06:59 PM
Diesel Head

Garage
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immacummin2693 View Post
Iím not saying it 100% wonít void it. However itís very unlikely because it doesnít leave a footprint on the computer. Iím not a salesman and donít exactly know how it works but itís completely untraceable so Iím told. Unless they physically see it which is unlikely especially how I have it hid in between the battery thereís really no way of knowing itís there unless you know what your looking for.

Sorry. My question was partly leading, partly smart as s.

Copy deceit is how you plan to not void your warranty. I was curious if youíd come right out and say it. Recommend in the future to not post your plans on a board that is monitored by Ram (in the form of Dodge cares). Iíll leave it at that man. Not good form on your part.

Beyond my opinion on all thatóSomething to keep an eye on is the clutch. I found mine would slip towing even with a stock power level tune deleted. It was driveable empty as long as I didnít hammer down in 6th.
MileHiGuy likes this.

19 2500 Longhorn Mega 4x4

11 SRT8 Challenger M6 - Corsa; 295 Nittos

post #7 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
Sorry. My question was partly leading, partly smart as s.

Copy deceit is how you plan to not void your warranty. I was curious if youíd come right out and say it. Recommend in the future to not post your plans on a board that is monitored by Ram (in the form of Dodge cares). Iíll leave it at that man. Not good form on your part.

Beyond my opinion on all thatóSomething to keep an eye on is the clutch. I found mine would slip towing even with a stock power level tune deleted. It was driveable empty as long as I didnít hammer down in 6th.

I knew when I made this post that there would be lots of opinions. However that being said I donít see how RAM monitoring this site can negatively affect me directly as I didnít post any of my personal info to identify who I am so until then your point is kinda irrelevant. Also my truck doesnít and will not see the dealer unless I have to take it there because Iím more then capable of doing my own maintenance on this truck and probably more capable then most but not all of the dealer techs these days. If and when it comes to that I may remove it, who knows. I did load up the clutch and didnít notice any slippage yet but maybe that will change after some more miles.

post #8 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 10:58 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

In for your review. Iíve been eyeing these for a while.

2016 tradesmen tcd
post #9 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 11:17 PM
Diesel Head

I also am running one on my truck and have been quite happy with the results.

Ď15 Ram 2500 CC/SWB 4x4 Tradesman 6.7/68RFE, 285/70r17 Firestone Destination MT2s, BD Throttle Sensitivity Booster, Stealth Module, Westin Max winch carrier and bull bar, Feniex Typhoon handheld, Federal Viper lighting.
djom1cincy and Immacummin2693 like this.

'15 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 SWB Tradesman 68RE, Western Brown
post #10 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 07:03 AM
Diesel Head

who says they don't leave a footprint? Stealth? of course they do to sell you the product. The truth is, operating parameters are stored in the computer, the stealth modifies those, and the dealer can see that. while not as blatantly obvious as a flash type tune, it still leaves a footprint. Ram and all the other mfg's are smarter than the average bear, and have built in protections to prevent anyone from modifying the truck in a manner that they won't be able to find. GM computers are locked up tighter than a frogs arse.

2011 CCLB 3500, G56, 4'' TBE, Sinister EGR delete, EFI Live by Anarchy
post #11 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Stealth Module Review

Yes your right, if they dig and dig then they may see something in the parameters but Iím referring to the flash count on the pcm. If they hook up to it to reflash or read codes they will not see and increase in flash counter tampering in that respect. All Iím trying to get across is that this is a much more safer way to bump up the power and more potential to not affect warranty like deleting and tuning that are quite obvious a truck has. My truck doesnít have flares, a huge lift and flashy wheels, loud exhaust or deletes and all these accessories to make it look like the truck is being effed around with so I doubt that theyíd even suspect a programmer being hooked up especially if thereís no change in flash count.

Rebel Horseman and Jhenderson like this.
post #12 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Horseman View Post
I also am running one on my truck and have been quite happy with the results.

Ď15 Ram 2500 CC/SWB 4x4 Tradesman 6.7/68RFE, 285/70r17 Firestone Destination MT2s, BD Throttle Sensitivity Booster, Stealth Module, Westin Max winch carrier and bull bar, Feniex Typhoon handheld, Federal Viper lighting.

How do you like the BD throttle sensitivity booster coupled with the stealth module?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode