Anarchy updated trans tune? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 495 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Anarchy updated trans tune?

All, I am excited to hear about the update to our 68RFE transmission tune by Anarchy.
What does the tune do?
does it just lock up 2nd gear?
When does 2nd gear lockup occur? when manually selected to 2nd gear, or all the time? Is this an issue during daily driving?

What other updates are there to the trans tune?

Timothy
2010 Ram 2500 CCLB Laramie (RSD deleted)
Anarchy EFI live, 4" flo-pro race pipe, Sinister EGR delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 495 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpolsin View Post
All, I am excited to hear about the update to our 68RFE transmission tune by Anarchy.
What does the tune do?
When does 2nd gear lockup occur? when manually selected to 2nd gear, or all the time? Is this an issue during daily driving?

TC now locks from 2nd on up,the objective is to get it to lock in quicker than the factory tune,in turn helping it last longer,shift smooth, and prevents the trans from hunting for witch gear to go to,
3brorce likes this.

2012 3500 drw 4x4 Laramie HO 68rfe CTS for guages,Anarchy EFI with trans tune,with a knob, COMMUNIST emissions on strike, 4" Proflow,, homemade air filter bug guard,custom rock guard behind grill , ccv delete,B&W hide a ball,,150 k of towing and climbing : Please Remember to support those who have sacrificed:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to tonyb337 For This Useful Post:
Hollnagel (05-04-2016)
post #3 of 495 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 11:33 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
What does the tune do?

wear did you get this info from?
but cool and thanks for the info. If you get it for your truck please post back the info on how you like it etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Grey 2010 2500 CC SB 4x4 6.7 68RFE
XRT PRO ATD/ MCC /Trans tuning/WD ARSON III CP3/A1 Head studs/EGR cooler Delete/ Flow Pro 5 inch exhaust/ Edge Insight CTS2 EAS EGT/3.73 gears
Gear brand 17x9 wheels/Nitto Teara Grapler 35x12.5x17 tires
SGT miller proudly served 12 years in the US Army reserves Support our troops
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 495 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 11:36 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
oops looks like i might of jumped the gun on my question. looking at your guy,s sig i see that you are using EFI. I am running MCC so this info might not work for me. so sorry guys for messing up your post.

Grey 2010 2500 CC SB 4x4 6.7 68RFE
XRT PRO ATD/ MCC /Trans tuning/WD ARSON III CP3/A1 Head studs/EGR cooler Delete/ Flow Pro 5 inch exhaust/ Edge Insight CTS2 EAS EGT/3.73 gears
Gear brand 17x9 wheels/Nitto Teara Grapler 35x12.5x17 tires
SGT miller proudly served 12 years in the US Army reserves Support our troops
post #5 of 495 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 12:02 AM
Diesel Freak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar71 View Post
oops looks like i might of jumped the gun on my question. looking at your guy,s sig i see that you are using EFI. I am running MCC so this info might not work for me. so sorry guys for messing up your post.
Nah,don't be sorry, I enjoyed seeing your Dart poster
Mopar71 likes this.

2012 3500 drw 4x4 Laramie HO 68rfe CTS for guages,Anarchy EFI with trans tune,with a knob, COMMUNIST emissions on strike, 4" Proflow,, homemade air filter bug guard,custom rock guard behind grill , ccv delete,B&W hide a ball,,150 k of towing and climbing : Please Remember to support those who have sacrificed:
post #6 of 495 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 11:44 AM
Diesel Freak

Quote:
What does the tune do?

I just loaded a new tune last night from Cody with these changes, it locks the converter after the 2nd. Gear shift only on tow haul mode, all shift points are improved, truck feels faster because the converter is locking at a lower speed, overall the tune is wonderful!
3brorce likes this.
post #7 of 495 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimig View Post
I just loaded a new tune last night from Cody with these changes, it locks the converter after the 2nd. Gear shift only on tow haul mode, all shift points are improved, truck feels faster because the converter is locking at a lower speed, overall the tune is wonderful!
Do you mean that the converter lockup update only works in tow/haul?

Timothy
2010 Ram 2500 CCLB Laramie (RSD deleted)
Anarchy EFI live, 4" flo-pro race pipe, Sinister EGR delete
post #8 of 495 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 12:22 PM
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimig View Post
Do you mean that the converter lockup update only works in tow/haul?
Yes I didn't notice the truck locking the converter in 2nd. Gear without tow/haul mode.
post #9 of 495 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 03:22 PM
Diesel Freak

https://youtu.be/9sYrLrNfb8g
Here's a video of the new trans. tuning
Mopar71 likes this.
post #10 of 495 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Diesel Freak

https://youtu.be/zRFyVYi3EjU
Here's a better light throttle input video showing how the trans. Is shifting with the new trans. Tune from Anarchy diesel!!
3brorce likes this.
post #11 of 495 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

This is for tow only from what I have read and they have a big warning on their website too. Are there any shift strategy changes or did you notice any differences in non tow/haul mode? Was thinking about this too but I don't tow.

2014 6.7L CTD CC SLT, Anarchy,Deviant EGR kit, 5" TBE, Autometer Pyro/Boost, Thuren Fox IFP, 315/70R18 Toyo M/T on Stock wheels, 2" Spacers, Stubby Antenna, Tint,S&B Intake, GDP Big Line Kit, ARP 425
post #12 of 495 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 08:59 PM
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanerocks View Post
This is for tow only from what I have read and they have a big warning on their website too. Are there any shift strategy changes or did you notice any differences in non tow/haul mode? Was thinking about this too but I don't tow.
Hmmm I see that, there was nothing in the email that Cody sent me about not using tow haul if I was driving the truck hard.... I'll have to get some more info on what exactly is bad, because under WOT, the trans doesent lock the converter in second gear.... It shifts better but not the same as normal shifting at partial throttle?....

2010 2500 Deep Water Pearl Blue/tan two tone Mega cab 6.7L Laramie, ARP 625's, GDP Air Boss/ Blue S2 Intk. man./ billet Mega Grid heater, FASS 150 w. Beans sump, EFI Live W. CSP5 switch from Anarchy Diesel, Flo-PRO 5"SS TBE w. 17"SS res., Stainless Diesel S300SX-E 2nd. gen. turbo kit with S366SX-E T4 1.00 turbine hous., Revmax VB & Billet TC filter spud, DTT billet alum. blue CCV cover, Isspro FM Exh. Pres. & Fuel Pres. gauges, Autometer FM boost & Rail pres. gauges, DSOT 5" Drv. Shaft w. 1480 U-Joints, Cooper 285/70/17 Discoverer ATW tires , Morimoto 55W 4300k HID's Lows, Fog's & Hi's, BD steer. stabilizer, EMF ball joints Dyno #'s 496/1080 on MASS. Diesel's 224XLC Dynojet
The Following User Says Thank You to wdimig For This Useful Post:
highrpms (05-26-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode