3" long arm lift kit? Anyone else? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Non-Powertrain Discussion of Accessories, Interior, everything not power related...NO ADVERTISING

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
3" long arm lift kit? Anyone else?

Okay I have been wanting to install a lift on my truck for a long time but I am very selective with suspensions as I tend to keep my vehicles for a long time and I hate trying to source bushings and such later as well as I want to do it once and never look back.

I have been looking at all the websites and I have not been able to find ANY 3" long arm lift kits. I know many may find long arms for only 3" of lift excessive but I want the best ride I can get as well as wheel travel. The frame flex on the front end currently is rather excessive and I am trying to figure out a way to build a crossover tube (removable) that is built from box tubing/plate and attaches to the shock/coil towers as well as an additional crossmember for the front of the frame.

Most of the 6" and up long arm lift kits are designed to allow for caster adjustment so I should be able to use a set of 3" progressive coils, adjustable trackbar, (good rebuildable shocks/struts) and still be able to set the correct pinion angle and caster.

I am leaning toward the DTPROFAB long arm kit then sourcing the rest of the materials.

DELETED 2010, TRX4 2500 Crew. WCC Grid Heater intake w/boost tube. Mini-Maxx w/overdrive and 5" Flo-pro TBE. All lights smoked, Sapperfab Light bar with 4 Lightforce lights & Rigid 10" LED fog light. 2 - 4.5" back-up lights & Raider RCC Canopy & bedslide. AFE Rear diff cover, Airbags, ton of LED lights, OBA w/train horns. HID's & Line-x rockers & More to come.
Awesome Customer Service and Super Fast shipping.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Diesel Head

i am planning to do the same exact thing. i was told that i could keep my current long arm setup but would have to modify the arms to make sure the axle will be centered at my final ride height.

mainly the first two post
thoughts....8in down to 3in, keep long arms?

2013 RAM 2500 CC 4X4
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

I don't see why the arms would need to be shortened unless they a fixed length and not adjustable. As long as the arms are adjustable they shouldn't need to be shortened. The longer arms may be better suited to keeping the wheel centred in the wheelwell allowing for a larger tire with only 3" lift.

The DTPROFAB arms are a radius arm design and should be perfect for this application.

I think the driveability, wheel travel and stability would be ideal with this configuration but it would all depend on a very stout trackbar and mounts.

Also what did you do to your steering? I am very interested to see what improvements you have made.

DELETED 2010, TRX4 2500 Crew. WCC Grid Heater intake w/boost tube. Mini-Maxx w/overdrive and 5" Flo-pro TBE. All lights smoked, Sapperfab Light bar with 4 Lightforce lights & Rigid 10" LED fog light. 2 - 4.5" back-up lights & Raider RCC Canopy & bedslide. AFE Rear diff cover, Airbags, ton of LED lights, OBA w/train horns. HID's & Line-x rockers & More to come.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Diesel Head

i believe the arms if left in their current length would have the axle positioned too far forward.

well my steering consist of thurens tie rod and drag link with the fox stabilizer, carli track bar and the pp track bar drop bracket for 7-9in lifts. i have some front end issues though that i have yet to track down. steering is still very floaty like. i think my next investment will be a brace.

2013 RAM 2500 CC 4X4

Last edited by MR.67Cummins; 10-18-2011 at 08:15 PM.
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

I have some good pictures of the frame flex the front ends of these trucks have. I was actually shocked to see how much.

I notice CARLI makes a tower brace but not for our year truck. I really think this would help with many issues that people have been chasing.

Last edited by sapper043; 10-19-2011 at 09:16 AM.
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Any update on the 3inch with long arms? I am interested in doing the same thing.

2008 2500 4wd, 68 RFE, 2inch level, 20x12 American forces, 305/55 toyo AT'S, H&S mini max, H&S overdrive, AFE CAI, 4inch cold side boost tube, H&S intake manifold, 5inch turbo back, CCV filter gutted, NUC motorsports oil bypass.
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-27-2013, 02:48 AM
Cummins Nut

Thuren makes a 3" long arm setup that is a 4 link.

Carli is working on a 3" radius arm setup as well.

Those will be your 2 best options as far as quality and design and standing behind the product go. Both are top notch in the industry. I believe that Thuren's long arm kit is in stock and ready to ship now.
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Diesel Head

DT profab makes boxed radius arms similar to carli that will work on 3".........

The Midnight Express
2012 Regular Cab Long Bed Cummins
Deleted and Tuned by GAW Diesel Reverse Leveled With 35" Toyo A/T 2's
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Dan @ Carli

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7L RCLB View Post
DT profab makes boxed radius arms similar to carli that will work on 3".........
Only similarity is that they're a radius arm...

- Carli Suspension 3" Long Arm Dominator - Torsion Sway Bar - Full Leaf Springs - Ball Joints - Axle Truss | TaterBuilt 62/65 341 | Smarty S06 | Randy's Transmissions Stage 2 | Isspro Performax EGT-Trans-Fuel-Boost | FASS 165 | S&B Intake & Horn | AMP | Redneck Rams Hydro Assist | Ballistic Fab Diff Covers
The Following User Says Thank You to OCVeloMan For This Useful Post:
ZJARCHER (03-31-2015)
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVeloMan View Post
Only similarity is that they're a radius arm...
are you guys going to be releasing a 3" radius arm lift or is this just forum rumour?

2010 2500 TRX4 Crew Cab SWB 68RFE 4.10 LSD. CCV DELETE. BAFFLE MIA. XRT PRO TV:6.8.26 (TOW, NO ATT, TIMING #3). FLOPRO DPF PIPE. MAG HYTEC REAR COVER. H&S EGR/COOLER DELETE. GDP PRO WASTEGATE. BD STEERING BOX STABILIZER. CARLI SS LOW MOUNT.
post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heipps View Post
are you guys going to be releasing a 3" radius arm lift or is this just forum rumour?
It is not a rumor it is happening. They had pics of the design on their Facebook page. Here is a pic they had on their Facebook page:
3" long arm lift kit? Anyone else?-imageuploadedbyag-free1383137451.273519.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 2500 CCSB Outdoorsman G56, EFI, 5" tbe, Arp 425's, Valair Street Triple, Hamilton springs and push rods, Fass 150, GDP Intake Horn and grid heater delete, BDS 3" with Fox 2.0, 10mm pump.
post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Cummins Enthusiast

Any guess on when Carli will be done with the 3inch radius arm? An I'm guessing it would take some pretty significant modification to made their 6inch radius arm fit on a 3inch set up, right?

2008 2500 4wd, 68 RFE, 2inch level, 20x12 American forces, 305/55 toyo AT'S, H&S mini max, H&S overdrive, AFE CAI, 4inch cold side boost tube, H&S intake manifold, 5inch turbo back, CCV filter gutted, NUC motorsports oil bypass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode