Radio options - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Non-Powertrain Discussion of Accessories, Interior, everything not power related...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Radio options

I’ve got an 11 laramie with the stock dual din Touchscreen radio and it sucks. Well for todays tech it sucks, I’m sure in its glory it was the shiz. But my issues I’m having are it having a 2 second delay on pausing, playing, and skipping songs when connected to my iphones blue tooth. Also when receiving phone calls I have to wait for about 10 seconds until I actually am able to pick up the call while it’s blaring out “incoming call from xxx press u-connect phone button to answer” id like to be able to pick up my phone calls without them being seconds away from going to voicemail and without it alerting me that I have clearly ended my phone call by saying “phone call completed” then taking another 5 seconds to return to music. Also has low quality pictures rendered from what I’ve uploaded and not much versatility as far as customization of the unconnect. BUT my question isn’t has anyone gone to an aftermarket such as a Kenwood 7” screen or a pioneer 7” screen. My main question is how would I still be able to use my factory steering wheel controls? Would I be able to use my XM radio antenna? Would my backup camera in the tailgate work? Would my factory microphone plug in? Lots of questions about sacrifices I’m willing to make to have a more realistic radio upgrade.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 05:22 PM
Diesel Head

As long as the radio you choose is compatible with the idatalink maestro, you won’t sacrifice anything. Most head units are capable of Sirius xm, but you need to buy the tuner separately.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

No one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode