Beep beep honk honk horns - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Non-Powertrain Discussion of Accessories, Interior, everything not power related...NO ADVERTISING

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Beep beep honk honk horns

Hey guys, Just wondering if any of you who have replaced the stock horns with something else AND still have one laying around. I need one for a 2012. Just to clarify I would like a stock horn.

Name is Nic. Current: 2012 Built 6.8L qcsb 48re swap, previous big hp duramax, built vp trucks,12v, few powerstrokes, thanks to freedom racing engines, forced inductions, wcfab, lds, wiles performance, fleece, and some friends for the help.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 06:54 PM

Thanked 2,010 Times in 1,595 Posts
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Hella Supertones!
HeavyTwo and Silvergorilla like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Give Us a Call for All Your Suspension, Lighting, and Wheel Needs!
424.241.3252 x700

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Garage
Really just want something stock.

Name is Nic. Current: 2012 Built 6.8L qcsb 48re swap, previous big hp duramax, built vp trucks,12v, few powerstrokes, thanks to freedom racing engines, forced inductions, wcfab, lds, wiles performance, fleece, and some friends for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 01:24 AM
Diesel Freak

I had to read this a few times. You need to add an “ and “ after else. Cause the way it reads now is like you’re looking for an aftermarket solution. Then, someone suggested an aftermarket solution. ( a good one too). And you reply that your looking for a stock solution.

So, to those reading this:

This guys horns failed, but just one. He is asking if anyone has upgraded their horns. If so, he would like your functional FACTORY horn.

I think auto parts stores sell very near factory horns. May need to splice harness.

2014 RAM HD. Cummins 6.7 364.5SXE Turbo. EZLynk Tuned. Straight piped. Air-Ride.
The Following User Says Thank You to HeavyTwo For This Useful Post:
Ophelia Cummin (08-25-2019)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 06:55 AM

Beep beep honk honk horns

Hope this thread gains some traction. Hate the stock horn on my 2011 3500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyTwo View Post
I had to read this a few times. You need to add an ď and ď after else. Cause the way it reads now is like youíre looking for an aftermarket solution. Then, someone suggested an aftermarket solution. ( a good one too). And you reply that your looking for a stock solution.

So, to those reading this:

This guys horns failed, but just one. He is asking if anyone has upgraded their horns. If so, he would like your functional FACTORY horn.

I think auto parts stores sell very near factory horns. May need to splice harness.
Sorry I fixed it. It made sense to me
HeavyTwo likes this.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 07:41 AM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophelia Cummin View Post
Hope this thread gains some traction. Hate the stock horn on my 2011 3500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Garage
Well I guess anyone who hates their stock horns should get hella supertones and then send me your stockers

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 11:32 AM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergorilla View Post
Well I guess anyone who hates their stock horns should get hella supertones and then send me your stockers
I do like the Air Horns/Train Horns, however if I had either of them, I would still keep my stock horn. I think Ram could have provided a stock horn with more teeth. After all, you want the horn to reflect the image of the truck.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Diesel Head

The Hella Supertones will go great with a rainbow flag license plate.

14 2500/68rfe 4X4 CC SWB Tradesman 315/70/18 Toyo MT's
ARE DCU
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 05:52 PM

Thanked 2,010 Times in 1,595 Posts
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
You canít run around blasting a train horn. Well, you can, but youíll be accosted by law enforcement. Not to mention, itís obnoxiously loud and unnecessarily disturbing to others.

Give Us a Call for All Your Suspension, Lighting, and Wheel Needs!
424.241.3252 x700

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 08:56 AM
Diesel Head

Train horns are not great for daily use, I installed a Klein 102 semi air horn. Loud enough to get someones attention, without being too loud for daily use. managed to make a mount behind the front bumper.
Rhinopkc likes this.

2016 Laramie 3500 CC, LB, DRW, Aisin, 3.73's, 5th wheel Pucks.
Towing 32' 5er, GCVW 20,500#
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode