Phone Notifications and Bluetooth - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Non-Powertrain Discussion of Accessories, Interior, everything not power related...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Phone Notifications and Bluetooth

I'm asking this because it makes no sense to me....
My Verizon S8 plus updated to the new Pie operating system. Now, when I'm in my truck, connected to the truck radio through Bluetooth, I don't get notifications like I used to. Before the update, if I got a text or email, my phone would sound and vibrate. The truck radio would also tell me I had a new text message. Everything worked well.
Now, with the new OS on my phone, things are different. When I receive a text, the truck radio lets me know as it did before, but my phone does not make a sound. It does still vibrate though. Same results for emails, which I think is really odd, since the radio doesn't respond to emails, texts only.

If it matters any, I also have a Ranger with a Kenwood radio installed. Everything works as expected in there while connected.

It may not be a huge problem, but I don't like it. Since emails are not notified on the radio at all (and never have been) and I don't hear the phone, chances are I'll miss something till I get to where I'm going. I guess what really bothers me is that things aren't working the way they should. Anyone else have this same problem? Any ideas what I could try to get it to work correctly?

2014 White 2500 Laramie Limited CC-Short Bed with Ram Boxes, Auto Trans
Nitto Terra Grappler G2 305/55R20 on Vision Wheel Prowlers 20x9 +12 offset
2.75" Thuren leveling Coils in front, 2.5" Superlift spacers in rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 09:23 AM
Cummins Fan

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Well I'd start simple by deleting your phone from your trucks radio memory and re-syncing it if you haven't done so already, I'm not sure about S8's but my Note 9 asks me what permissions I allow the bluetooth device to have (notifications, contacts, etc) every time I connect to a new device. Also check your phone apps individual settings while paired to bluetooth, you may have to manually reactivate a notification that bluetooth may inadvertently turn off, although I can't say if this is something that may have to be done everytime (which would defeat the purpose) or just once and the system will learn.

2016 RAM 2500 Laramie MegaCab 4x4, 68RFE, 3.42, ARE-Z Series, AMP Research Powersteps, Gen-Y 1324 hitch, Backwoods Adventure Mods Front and rear bumpers (line-x'd).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode