Compatible tail lights? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Non-Powertrain Discussion of Accessories, Interior, everything not power related...NO ADVERTISING

 1Likes
  • 1 Post By emd5
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Compatible tail lights?

Someone was wonderful enough to back into one of our trucks the other day, damaging a rear tail light. So, I'll be ordering a replacement. The old assembly is part# 55277415AB, it's just a standard lamp OEM tail light assembly for a 2012 2500. But as I've searched, I've found there's 55277415AA, 55277415AC, 55277415AD, 55277415AF and probably many more part numbers, and the parts look the same. Are they all the same? Will anything work and mirror the other side? Thanks for the help.

emd5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 05:47 AM
Diesel Head
 
Power247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 1,117
Thanks: 549
Thanked 235 Times in 200 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by emd5 View Post
Someone was wonderful enough to back into one of our trucks the other day, damaging a rear tail light. So, I'll be ordering a replacement. The old assembly is part# 55277415AB, it's just a standard lamp OEM tail light assembly for a 2012 2500. But as I've searched, I've found there's 55277415AA, 55277415AC, 55277415AD, 55277415AF and probably many more part numbers, and the parts look the same. Are they all the same? Will anything work and mirror the other side? Thanks for the help.
Any of the non-LED part numbers will fit but its likely that only 1 will be an exciting match as there have been a few changes in the refractor pattern over the years. Same is true for the headlight housings.

Where are you located? I have the tail lights off my 2012 sitting in a box in the garage from when I went to LEDs several years ago. I'd give you a good price on the pair if shipping isn't needed.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
2012 CCSB Big Horn 4x4 68RFE 3.73
MM3 by Double R Diesel
Power247 is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 08:31 AM
Diesel Freak
 
ironpony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: central ohio
Posts: 952
Thanks: 7
Thanked 93 Times in 84 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
pull out the other one and check the revision on it AA,AC,AF and buy the same one

2002 2500 Quadcab LB 4X4 NV5600 HO stock
2012 3500 SRW Crewcab LWB 4X4 Auto 6.7 HO stock
ironpony is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
Any of the non-LED part numbers will fit but its likely that only 1 will be an exciting match as there have been a few changes in the refractor pattern over the years. Same is true for the headlight housings.

Where are you located? I have the tail lights off my 2012 sitting in a box in the garage from when I went to LEDs several years ago. I'd give you a good price on the pair if shipping isn't needed.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
Thanks for the reply and big thanks for the offer, but I just jumped on a deal at a local shop last night. It was an open box pair of unused OEMs. Besides that, I'm out in California. Shipping would've needed to be added.
Power247 likes this.
emd5 is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
pull out the other one and check the revision on it AA,AC,AF and buy the same one
Thank you for the the reply.


Yeah, that's what I decided to do. The other side was also an AB model. Also, the other side worked fine, but because it was getting a little rough looking, I went and bought a set of AF models. I'll just keep the old one for spare.
emd5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do i open up tail lights? dieselsyndicate 94-98 Non-Powertrain 8 03-14-2019 02:23 PM
Tail lights Powerchoke99 98.5-02 Non-Powertrain 1 07-03-2018 04:33 PM
Upgraded to LED tail lights now displays LAMP OUT Susie 3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain 15 03-17-2017 04:25 PM
head lights and tail lights work but marker lights wont whaleslapper 89-93 Non-Powertrain 7 08-14-2015 08:24 PM
Problems after tail lights & headache rack lights 91five_nine 3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain 4 07-11-2013 08:58 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome