Aftermarket Remote Start and stuff - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Non-Powertrain Discussion of Accessories, Interior, everything not power related...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Aftermarket Remote Start and stuff

OK...my '17 2500 SLT didn't have remote start, now it does. Bought the kit from 12volt.Solutions. Oh...and I'm not affiliated with them in any way except for the purchase. Straight forward install, the instructions on youtube are a little easier to follow than those provided in the kit. This is a two-stage kit, meaning that once you're done doing a key on/off sequence you have to send the module back to finish the programming. FYI, they sent it back to me the same day they received it. Otherwise, plug and play.

Now, the main reason for this post is to provide a little info on my setup. I don't think you'll find this anywhere else...I've looked! Anyway, this kit provides an OBD splitter in its t-harness. The OEM connector is replaced with theirs as you will see in the instructions. My worry was that I already had an Amp t-harness to power my Amp steps and my MM3 tuner plugged into my OBD port, which by the way, works flawlessly. Took a chance and bought this setup. Just got the module back today, installed and everything works as it should. Press the lock button on the FOBIK three times, a built-in few second delay and voila! You have a running, locked truck. I couldn't be happier with this for the price. After having researched OEM hardware price and installation issues this was the only option for me.

Keep in mind that I never fiddle with the tuner when the steps are actuating and I should never have to when remote starting. I've started, driven, programmed several times today and all went as they should.

Hope this helps someone looking to do the same thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'17 2500 SLT, 68rfe, MM3 +, 5" Flo Pro, AAM 4.44's, 6" on Toyo 37's & all the other typical goodies
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Cummins Enthusiast

So just to clarify you now have 2 separate splitters and a tuner hooked up continuously?

Good thing there is plenty of room behind the kick panel

2018 Ram 2500 6.7L, Thuren Suspension, 37x13.5r20 Milestar M/T, MB Wheels 352 20x9, Timbren, Amp Research Powersteps, Weather Tech mats, E-Max Tonneau Cover, Line-X, Andersen Rapid hitch
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Yep! Their harness had one built in already, just added mine back to where it was. Actually, everything is pretty clean and with the judicious use of wire ties and cable routing it all tucked in nice and neat. The remote start and tuner modules are secured together way back up under the dash as far as I could get them. Yeah...very happy with it. Relieved that everything still functions correctly.

'17 2500 SLT, 68rfe, MM3 +, 5" Flo Pro, AAM 4.44's, 6" on Toyo 37's & all the other typical goodies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 01:42 PM
Cummins Fan

That is nice.....thanks for the tip!

2012 Ram 3500 DRW 4WD - PPEI engine/trans tune w/delete, ARP 625's, Hamilton springs/pushrods, Pusher intake, 364.5/480 compound in the works.
The Following User Says Thank You to tracyrr For This Useful Post:
jeepmanjr (09-06-2018)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmanjr View Post
OK...my '17 2500 SLT didn't have remote start, now it does. Bought the kit from 12volt.Solutions. Oh...and I'm not affiliated with them in any way except for the purchase. Straight forward install, the instructions on youtube are a little easier to follow than those provided in the kit. This is a two-stage kit, meaning that once you're done doing a key on/off sequence you have to send the module back to finish the programming. FYI, they sent it back to me the same day they received it. Otherwise, plug and play.

Now, the main reason for this post is to provide a little info on my setup. I don't think you'll find this anywhere else...I've looked! Anyway, this kit provides an OBD splitter in its t-harness. The OEM connector is replaced with theirs as you will see in the instructions. My worry was that I already had an Amp t-harness to power my Amp steps and my MM3 tuner plugged into my OBD port, which by the way, works flawlessly. Took a chance and bought this setup. Just got the module back today, installed and everything works as it should. Press the lock button on the FOBIK three times, a built-in few second delay and voila! You have a running, locked truck. I couldn't be happier with this for the price. After having researched OEM hardware price and installation issues this was the only option for me.

Keep in mind that I never fiddle with the tuner when the steps are actuating and I should never have to when remote starting. I've started, driven, programmed several times today and all went as they should.

Hope this helps someone looking to do the same thing.

Still happy with the this purchase?

17' workin on it!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 060785 View Post
Still happy with the this purchase?
Still works like it should, I like it. I've had only one issue with it since install. After having remotely started my tuner monitor threw an error. Just had to unplug it for a second then everything was fine after it booted. I would still recommend it though, especially for the price and ease of installation. However if money and installation time/effort are not concerns I would probably suggest to go with the oem hardware and flash to keep everything stock.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode