passenger side windows, locks, mirror dead 2013 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Non-Powertrain Discussion of Accessories, Interior, everything not power related...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
passenger side windows, locks, mirror dead 2013

I am hoping someone can save me time on my 2013 2500 Tradesman. Basically the right side / passenger side has no functioning power accessories such as windows, mirror and locks. None of the switches on that side of the truck function and the master switch does not any of the power accessories on that side. I was thinking may it could be the master switch but that would mean that all switches circuit through the master. Is that so? Looking at the switch picture attached, all the buttons on the right half do not function. This includes the "Lock" portion of the lock button. The "Unlock" works as it is on the left half. The 4 way round button works in all directions for the left mirror but not the right or passenger mirror. So is there a connector somewhere that is corroded or is the switch known to go half bad? I took it apart to inspect and it looks tip top. Thanks in advance. I have searched with no useful clues and have a hard time believing it is the switch itself.

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 11:45 PM
Diesel Head

Although the master switch CAN be problematic, if the switches on the passenger side are also not working for windows and locks, it sounds like you have a wiring issue on the passenger door. perhaps some chaffed wires in the hinge area.
Note the full width button above the door lock buttons will lock out the window on the other doors. Down is locked and up is unlocked.

The master switch is easy to take apart and clean.
There's about 6 torx screws (#10 IIRC).
Remove the screws, and take the back off and remove the circuit board.
Most of the "switches" are actually a black conductive rubber pad on the bottom of the key switch that when pushed down makes contact across open traces on the PCB.

Clean the PCB and rubber contacts with isopropyl alcohol or mineral spirits.
Once the conductive rubber pads are clean, lightly or sparingly rub some graphite on them. The type of (dry) graphite you get at a hardware store for lubricating key locks etc. you can use a small Q-tip or micro brush for this. then reassemble. it will be better than new!
This type of key switch is very common on many different type of office machines and consumer electronics, and I have done many thousands of them this way over the last 30 years.
Note: there are a few regular nickel plated copper contacts in the master switch as well. Just clean these and if the contacts are pitted, just touch them up with some 660 grit paper.

Hope this helps.

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie CCLB 6.7,4x4, Fully Deleted, BD Air Horn, EFI Live w/ Trans Tune, AFE DFS780 Lift Pump, Injen Evo CAI, Riding on 37x12.50 Ridge Grapplers on Black Rhino 20"Sierra's, Thuren 3" Coils, Rear Shackles, Fox 2.0 Reservoir Shocks, HC Control Arms, Track Bar, King Steering Stabilizer and Torsion Sway Bar. Steering Box Brace, SnugTop,Amsoil Bypass Filter & Oil, RetroShop FXR Projectors w/ HID's, Morimoto LED Fog's, Back Seat Fold Down Hack. Titan 60 Gal Mid-Ship Tank.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 08:13 AM
Cummins Nut

Not always a wiring issue. When a vehicle has a widow lock the passenger switch will fees back into the master. If the master is shorted the passenger switch will not work. I would try a known working switch before chasing wires..

2008 CCSB 6.7 Stick Cleanest 3rd gen around
2003 cummins RCLB *SOLD*
2012 Laramie Mega Cab Every option 😎 *SOLD*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03CumminsRCLB View Post
Not always a wiring issue. When a vehicle has a widow lock the passenger switch will fees back into the master. If the master is shorted the passenger switch will not work. I would try a known working switch before chasing wires..
What about mirror and door "Lock"? Can the switch be dead on one side? The led light that indicates passenger side mirror illuminates but as stated the mirror adjustment for that side is not responding. It is like a plug is undone somewhere or ground wire to that plug is out.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott4tel View Post
What about mirror and door "Lock"? Can the switch be dead on one side? The led light that indicates passenger side mirror illuminates but as stated the mirror adjustment for that side is not responding. It is like a plug is undone somewhere or ground wire to that plug is out.
Idk about a 4th gen, but on my 2nd gen, my passenger wouldn't roll down from the master but my drivers side would. Passenger switch was fine, it was the master switch.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

2001 2500 6spd.
Raptor lift pump. Mechanical fuel pressure gauge.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverjunkie View Post
Idk about a 4th gen, but on my 2nd gen, my passenger wouldn't roll down from the master but my drivers side would. Passenger switch was fine, it was the master switch.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
Do recall if door "LOCK" and mirror was also involved. The switch being dirty and not working makes sense that it could cause some problems but this one comes apart, is nothing more than wires and single layer circuit board. I guess for $50 bucks I should just try it. I was hoping it was a common problem with a harness connector that I could be pointed to.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 07:47 AM
Cummins Nut

Do you know anyone with a 4th gen you could try theirs?

2008 CCSB 6.7 Stick Cleanest 3rd gen around
2003 cummins RCLB *SOLD*
2012 Laramie Mega Cab Every option 😎 *SOLD*
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 06:20 PM

All the functions for the door happen from the door module. There is one in both the driver and passenger door. It could be that. I have one form a '13. If you think that is what you need PM me.

2016 CC 2500.
The Following User Says Thank You to kpz11 For This Useful Post:
scott4tel (09-12-2016)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 06:49 AM
Cummins Enthusiast

Kpz is right. Here is a thread where dude bought a flood truck and had that problem with passenger door module https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/20...net-fixed.html

2014 CTD 2500 PW7 68RFE CCSB Limited
The Following User Says Thank You to 1baddrop For This Useful Post:
scott4tel (09-12-2016)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpz11 View Post
All the functions for the door happen from the door module. There is one in both the driver and passenger door. It could be that. I have one form a '13. If you think that is what you need PM me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1baddrop View Post
Kpz is right. Here is a thread where dude bought a flood truck and had that problem with passenger door module https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/20...net-fixed.html
Yep. This was the information that I was hoping to find before I looked. I couldn't wait though and took the panel off on Friday. That module controls the side and is not water resistant at all. I had to break a couple tabs to get into it but it was corroded. Water got in and just sweated up over time. No salvaging. I found a replacement on Ebay private party for $30 bucks so I didn't mess with cleaning it. I am surprised to find "Logic" in something as simple as windows and mirrors. Probably safety features. I took a picture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode