Black Go Rhino Dominator IV Running Boards… Mixed Feelings - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Non-Powertrain Discussion of Accessories, Interior, everything not power related...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Black Go Rhino Dominator IV Running Boards… Mixed Feelings

Just installed these Go Rhino running boards… I like them, but i don't LOVE them. mainly because of how much of a pain they were to install and some of the brackets won't fit. I ordered them from carid.com as well as the headlights pictured. The headlights came with 2 of 6 running lights not working and the brackets to help support these running boards won't fit. I called carid about the running lights and they shipped some out free of charge… I'll be calling tomorrow about these brackets and a few screws that will not fit the frame. They sell these as a direct bolt on replacement, but unless i have the wrong brackets, I will have to make some changes on the frame. Also, when I ordered these I was told they were in stock and shipping out, then got a phone call saying they are back ordered and it took 6 weeks to get :bang head:

s/n… still debating on either painting the chrome bumpers or buying others to paint

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-6.JPG
Views:	1721
Size:	897.2 KB
ID:	203202  

'13 Mega Laramie Longhorn 3500 Dually w/Aisin tranny (stock for now) - '15 Heartland Gateway 3650BH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Xrayhand131; 03-16-2014 at 10:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
my nfabs were no better, had to drill out the stock brackets as they didn't line up with the holes in the body. since I had these on my old truck they have updated the mounting hardware and I'm not sure these are going to work now on my new truck.

11 ccsb white 5" diamond eye tbe, egr deleted, smarty tuned, color matched bumpers, rockers, grill. 6" bds, 37" nitto's on xd's, nfab steps, steering brace and dual stabalizer, black projector head lights, tow mirrors waiting on install.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 05:09 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

I think they look good, wanting the same type on my truck but wheel to wheel. I have a long bed and they'll be 10ft long so I'm looking for pics to see what I like. S/N if you end up selling your bumper pm me.

2012 cc lb silver,4x4,auto,stock,2" level :Sold
'90 w250 rclb 4x4 12v,727
2018 Cc Lb Big Horn 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 10:27 PM
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayhand131 View Post
Just installed these Go Rhino running boards… I like them, but i don't LOVE them. mainly because of how much of a pain they were to install and some of the brackets won't fit. I ordered them from carid.com as well as the headlights pictured. The headlights came with 2 of 6 running lights not working and the brackets to help support these running boards won't fit. I called carid about the running lights and they shipped some out free of charge… I'll be calling tomorrow about these brackets and a few screws that will not fit the frame. They sell these as a direct bolt on replacement, but unless i have the wrong brackets, I will have to make some changes on the frame. Also, when I ordered these I was told they were in stock and shipping out, then got a phone call saying they are back ordered and it took 6 weeks to get :bang head:

s/n… still debating on either painting the chrome bumpers or buying others to paint
I've had 2 sets of the Dominator 2s and the install was almost brainless. You must have been shipped the wrong brackets

'15 3500 BAP Laramie - 6.5" Zone on 37s
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

I must have gotten the wrong brackets. I tried each one on each area just incase i had them mixed up and all of them were wrong. like 1-3" off wrong.

'13 Mega Laramie Longhorn 3500 Dually w/Aisin tranny (stock for now) - '15 Heartland Gateway 3650BH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Cummins Fanatic

I have them on my truck. Install was painless and they are solid. The only complaint i have is the finish was shot in a matter of months. The retailer i bought them from locally offered to have them line-x'd for no cost. Now that they are line-x'd i love them!

2003 Ford Excursion Twin Turbo 12v - SOLD
2012 2500 6.7 - H&S minimaxx, draconian tuning, ARP headstuds, airdog, 5" flopro exhaust
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 09:17 PM
Cummins Fan

I think it might look better if you go ahead and paint the grill and/or bumper
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
I've had 2 sets of the Dominator 2s and the install was almost brainless. You must have been shipped the wrong brackets
me too. well, not 2 sets.....but one set. they were easy as pie to install

2012 2500|Mini Maxx|Double R Tuned|5'' FloPro|D!ck Cepek GunMetal 7's|295/60/20 Toyo AT II|Thuren 2'' springs|TDK bumper|Firestone bags & Wireless Air Command|Bushwacker flares|Duraflaps|Go-Rhino steps|Lorado tonneau cover
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rking6 View Post
I think it might look better if you go ahead and paint the grill and/or bumper
Thanks That is def in the works… i plan on getting rid of all of the chrome. it's just a slow go bc this is my work rig and i don't have much time off (which is a good problem to have in my field)

Any recommendations on how to o about painting?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode