Cummins Diesel Forum banner

HELP!! Getting code after putting DPF back on

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Rockrunner 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT Code U010C HELP!! Getting code after putting DPF back on

Had to re-install everything a couple of days ago so I could get my E test done. In the process I forgot to attach the plug under the EGR and drove that way for about 100 miles. The CE was on but I thought I read that it took a few key turns to get it back to normal. So today I attached the plug and cleared all the codes but one, PC10C. I did a search and found no real help.

So does anyone know what the deal is with this code? I have two days left till I have to get my E test and new tags for my plate.

You can call me at 3o3 ..829 + o7o3 I need help and so does my truck.

update, I took the software to catcher 2 to see what would happen and the CE went away. So I took it back to stock software and the CE came back as did code PC10C (no it is not a typo)

Then when I turned the key on and off to check codes I got P0700 and P2509. So what is the deal?? :banghead::banghead:

EDIT Smarty read the code wrong, the odometer read the code as U010C Fault code U010C-lost communication wih turbo charger. THe truck seems to drive fine but it does seem like it takes a few to spool up and get going. Now I can't really tell if that is how it is supposed to be since I have driven it on Catcher 5 since I got it. So again thanks for all of your help so far but still need some.

See less See more
#2 ·
Is that code a typo?? Not able to find a pc10c code. All codes start with p,c,or b followed by a 0 or a 1 then the rest.

#3 ·
That is what I thought, but that is what the Smarty shows. When I did a search I found 4 posts on it but no one knows what it is. Smarty states "Unknown code"

#5 ·
I have a laptop I can plug into it and it will tell me what the codes are. Where are you located at? I'm in lakewood.

#6 ·
Thanks for the offer I live in south Littleton but I think I am good.

I found a more comprehensive list that shows code P2506, it reads; P2506 ECM/PCM Power Input Signal Range/Perf. When I went out to check the truck again it turned over 2 times and died. So since the batteries are bad I figure I will replace those first and then retry flashing the ECM with FULL batteries.

If I still have the CE on I will send you a pm or ?? I can come over to your house or we can meet if I need to have them read still. I will update this post tomorrow one way or another, hopefully I will have passed my E test :thumbsup:

I will also post a link to the code list, many more than what this forum shows.

#8 ·
No idea yet, I was actually going to call you guys and see who I should take it to. I am open to suggestions. I was told about the place of Hampden and Sante fe, well near there at least. Is there a better place I am in littleton, Roxborough to be exact.

#9 ·
Me being on the north end I don't know where to get any e test down around there. I work at Kipling and chatfield so maybe we can work something out! I'll shoot you a txt with my number.
The other thing is they can't fail you for a cel. And as long as it appears to be in working order they won't question it.

#10 ·
The other thing is they can't fail you for a cel. And as long as it appears to be in working order they won't question it.
Not true. A CEL is an immediate failure.

To the OP, Be very diligent cleaning your battery terminals when you put your new batteries in. The ECM's are EXTREMELY sensitive to voltage drops so good solid connections are vital. Make sure to seal them when you're finished also.

#11 ·
Maybe it's different on diesels but for the gassers it dosent matter. Have been there and done that myself. So not just something I heard. First hand experience.

#12 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. I also thought a CEL was immediate fail that is why I am so worried.

I am going to get two new batteries and clean all the connectors and make sure everything is perfect. Now normally I use those little red/green pads under the connectors to keep the terminals clean. What do you use to "seal" them??

#13 ·
I personally use grease on them. light coat before i hook them up and then coat the connectors. makes a mess if you forget and lay across the battery though.

#14 ·
Updated the first post, this is the correct code from the dash

Fault code U010C-lost communication wih turbo charger

Thanks for the help so far

#15 ·
I wouldn't recommend using grease on the terminals.
I like the battery sealer that CarQuest sells. In an aerosol can, layer it on nice and thick and you'll be fine.
Napa sells some buts its thinner and I haven't had good success with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.