P0341 code (06 5.9) - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2006 cummins 5.9 P0341 code, please help fix.

So my 06 3500 5.9 is still throwing the p0341 code. I have replaced the cam sensor with a new one i got at autozone, and it still throws the code......so must not have been that sensor,

So The origional cam sensor must have been good so i swapped that old cam sensor to replace the crank sensor because my rpms have not been tracking correctly.........still threw the code.

So i unplugged the leg of the wiring harness to the cam sensor, crank sensor and some other sensor and pulled them back up to the top of the motor and inspected every wire off that wiring harness leg and found no bad wires, then re routed around the CP3 pump to limit any wear it was getting. put on new diolectric grease and reinstalled...........still threw the code.

It throws the code usually after 25 min or so of driving on the freeway. some days it will throw the code some it will not.

I do have the edge juice with attitude still installed but set on level 0 just using for the gages and the smarty 06 pod i have installed with the TST loaded with all high settings.

Is this code an issue with smarty programmers?
Should i just replace the crank sensor too? i think both acting up at once would be strange. And is there anything else to try out?

Last edited by rollincoal06; 12-11-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: more data
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

So more data, my tachometer is still not tracking correctly...... when cold, i start it and it shows idling at 750 or so then drive for 30 min and come to a stop and it will drop down to 400-500 on the tachometer, but is actually idling at 750 still, so i give it some fuel it will come up a little but drop back down to 400-500, but when passing around around 600-700 rpm the needle will slap up like its trying to catch up. So i think it is getting bad signal at low RPMs. Please give me an idea. Could it be something on the lower crank other than the sensor, as in what could give it a bad signal off the crank?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Cummins Fan

Anyone figure this out I replaced the sensor also and it seems it's coming on again I checked the wiring and it seems to be all good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Cummins Fanatic

I'm not sure but are the sensors gapable? And Probably best to grab the cummins sensors.

2006 regular cab long bed. S478, steed speed, turbosmart gate,625s, 65lpm injectors, dual pumps, 103s, dtts trans, dynoed 977hp 1356lbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode