2006 rough starting then dies then starts again then runs fine? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2006 rough starting then dies then starts again then runs fine?

hey guys i got a 06, heres my deal started last week i started the truck after it sat for about 30min and it started running rough then died. it has been doing this more and more. it makes a hell of a engine knock then i shut if off restart it then it runs fine. changed filters, oil everything is good. i run power service every tank. i cant figure it out. please help!

2006 dodge 2500 big horn cclb
quadzilla xz 2
exhuast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Diesel Head

I would first check that the lift pump is provideing the fuel that the engine needs. It may not be running when you first start but does start running on the second try. Try bumping the starter but do not start and listen for the lift pump running. It should run for about 25 seconds and then start start the engine.

03 Dodge 3500 SLT, HO, 6 spd, 4x4, SRW, quad cab, gauge on lift pump-boost-EGT-engine oil pressure and rail pressure, FASS 95, water seperator and 2m filter, steering box brace, 6.7L fluid damper
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

pressure sensor on the fuel rail fixed this problem had to go direct to cummins for it. water got into the plug because the quadzilla uses a different style connector than oem and allowed water to get in there

2006 dodge 2500 big horn cclb
quadzilla xz 2
exhuast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Cummins Nut

Thanks for the update. I've noticed while searching for stuff that there are quite a few dead threads on here from people not updating once they find the fix

2006 megacab 2500 Laramie leveled 35x12.50x20 toyo mt upgrade mopar steering box 8.5 steering upgrade, thuren track bar, protech cab guard & tool box, 4" straight pipe, k&n cai, silencer ring mia, efi.... someday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode