04 48re swap into 05 truck - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
04 48re swap into 05 truck

So I just picked up a used trans from a guy out of a 04 truck. Got a decent deal and the guy has the receipt for the build he did. My question is in order to swap over to my truck which is an 05 with the Throttle valve actuator motor on it do I just need to get a bracket to mount TTVA. Found a website that sells a pre made bracket to mount the TTVA to. Just wondering if this is all that is involved in this or if I'm missing something.

Here is a link to the bracket I'm talking about . https://transmissioncenter.net/shop/...alve-actuator/.

Any help is appreciated.

lavincroofing is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 06:27 PM
Cummins Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Douglas County, CO
Posts: 249
Thanks: 12
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavincroofing View Post
So I just picked up a used trans from a guy out of a 04 truck. Got a decent deal and the guy has the receipt for the build he did. My question is in order to swap over to my truck which is an 05 with the Throttle valve actuator motor on it do I just need to get a bracket to mount TTVA. Found a website that sells a pre made bracket to mount the TTVA to. Just wondering if this is all that is involved in this or if I'm missing something.

Here is a link to the bracket I'm talking about . https://transmissioncenter.net/shop/...alve-actuator/.

Any help is appreciated.
Do you know which style TTVA it has? I believe there were mid model changes even in the 04.5 mid year builds. I know my 04.5 had a style that cost more when I added a banks exhaust brake. As I recall, the TTVA was engine mounted.

2020 3500 HO CC LWB SRW 4x4 Limited
2004.5 2500 5.9 HO QC LWB SRW SLT 1997 2500 360CID NV4500 SLT QC
brutal is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 06:31 PM
Diesel Head
 
cerberusiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Minco OK
Posts: 15,118
Thanks: 10
Thanked 2,718 Times in 2,279 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
No, TTVA did not change mid-model. The TTVA motor started in MY05 trucks. No, an 04 of any vintage does have a TTVA. There is only 1 style of TTVA.

That is all there is to the TTVA mount, just need the bracket.
wal_mart likes this.

05 QC LWB 4x4 Auto 3.73 LSD, IssproEV2's, Performance 48RE Opie TransGo , Smarty Tuned BBI Injected
cerberusiam is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Ok so all I need is bracket and I'll be good to go?? Also any other recommended upgrades to do to the trans since its already out. From what I know it's just a stock rebuild nothing fancy. My truck is stock. Just need something reliable to get to work a tow. Which for the last year or so it's been everything but reliable.
lavincroofing is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 09:14 PM
Cummins Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Douglas County, CO
Posts: 249
Thanks: 12
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusiam View Post
No, TTVA did not change mid-model. The TTVA motor started in MY05 trucks. No, an 04 of any vintage does have a TTVA. There is only 1 style of TTVA.

That is all there is to the TTVA mount, just need the bracket.
You're right. It was TPS I was thinking of.

2020 3500 HO CC LWB SRW 4x4 Limited
2004.5 2500 5.9 HO QC LWB SRW SLT 1997 2500 360CID NV4500 SLT QC
brutal is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 10:37 PM
Diesel Head
 
Dynamic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NE Washington
Posts: 1,578
Thanks: 20
Thanked 390 Times in 291 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Yes, you'll be fine with the bracket. Ideally, I would want to change the TV lever stop setting a little, but it will work fine without doing that.

2000 Ram 2500, Quad, SB, 4x4, 24V...SOLD
Dynamic is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 11:13 PM
Diesel Head
 
cerberusiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Minco OK
Posts: 15,118
Thanks: 10
Thanked 2,718 Times in 2,279 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal View Post
You're right. It was TPS I was thinking of.
These trucks have not had a TPS for over 20 years when they went to drive by wire in mid 98. It has been an APPS since then and it does much more than a TPS.
rghavana likes this.

05 QC LWB 4x4 Auto 3.73 LSD, IssproEV2's, Performance 48RE Opie TransGo , Smarty Tuned BBI Injected
cerberusiam is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 12:11 AM
Cummins Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Douglas County, CO
Posts: 249
Thanks: 12
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusiam View Post
These trucks have not had a TPS for over 20 years when they went to drive by wire in mid 98. It has been an APPS since then and it does much more than a TPS.
OK, I admitted I was wrong on the first comment but now you're just splitting hairs. The APPS/TPS is commonly referred to as TPS.

When I bought the e-brake from Banks, they specify "TPS" or "no TPS."

"Fits 325hp engines For vehicles with TPS"


2020 3500 HO CC LWB SRW 4x4 Limited
2004.5 2500 5.9 HO QC LWB SRW SLT 1997 2500 360CID NV4500 SLT QC
brutal is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
Yes, you'll be fine with the bracket. Ideally, I would want to change the TV lever stop setting a little, but it will work fine without doing that.
Can you elaborate on that a little bit. Why would you change the TV lever stop setting?
lavincroofing is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 07:52 AM
Diesel Head
 
rghavana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,949
Thanks: 98
Thanked 621 Times in 583 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal View Post
OK, I admitted I was wrong on the first comment but now you're just splitting hairs. The APPS/TPS is commonly referred to as TPS.

When I bought the e-brake from Banks, they specify "TPS" or "no TPS."

"Fits 325hp engines For vehicles with TPS"




Nah, no throttle on diesel you have accelerator.

04 QCSB HO Automatic
rghavana is offline  
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 07:57 AM
Diesel Head
 
rghavana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,949
Thanks: 98
Thanked 621 Times in 583 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavincroofing View Post
Can you elaborate on that a little bit. Why would you change the TV lever stop setting?
See
https://www.sonnax.com/tech_resource...actuator-codes

04 QCSB HO Automatic
rghavana is offline  
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Ok so if I adjust how do i do this. And what am i measuring to know how far to adjust. Sorry if this seems self explanatory but I'm new to diesel trucks but im a millwright by trade so I'm mechanically capable if I have good information to go by. Also i just ordered the ATSG manual so that should help .
lavincroofing is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome