48re issues - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
48re issues

The truck in my sig i got abou 2 months ago, i just replaced the turbo and got the truck on the road. It was built by the previous owner. When you take off it shifts very quick out of first, it goes right to 3rd gear. It does not slip or flare or anything, you think it makes a clean 1-2 shift but then realize its a really long gear. If you manually shift it, the 1-2 shift is perfect, then it will have a 200 rpm flare from 2-3. Then the 3-4 is fine and lockup is good too. Its supposed to have a goerend VB. Tomorrow morning I am going to pull the pan, but looking to see if anyone knows what i should be looking for. I have no clue if it has billet servos or accumulators in the trans. I was thinking about trying a front band adjustment first. Someone mentioned to me it might have a leak in the 2nd gear servo and that 2nd gear works because holding it in manual 2 will have more pressure. Can anyone confirm? Thanks in advance

2005 ccsb - 100% injectors, 10mm cp3, s366, 6.7 mega rail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 10:20 PM
VP Moderator

Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,415 Posts
Do a external band adjustment first. YouTube and the technical library located below, if you stroll down through the forum page.

2008 3500 stock QCLB dually Inferno red. Toys: Fuel injected Rampage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Road Grader, 1586 tractor, 60K genset, Honda ATV, and more. Back in business with a Hitachi EX270LC excavator. The dirt slinging has begun with 50+ acres to clear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 10:56 PM
Diesel Head

Go here for your factory service manual, get the ATSG manual, and the trans doc. It's all free. Good luck

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/81mtpw6h2...dZOLxp5ja?dl=0

06 Mega 4WD,Transgo, 329K miles, 2" TopGunz kit,4.11, H-2 wheels,35/12.50/17E BFG's, Flashpaq, K&N, B&W goose, dual shocks at each corner up front, steering box brace, and a bigass dent in the tailgate because my wife just had to back the trailer...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2015, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

I had planned on doing a band adjustement today, but just seeing if anyone had any other thoughts.

2005 ccsb - 100% injectors, 10mm cp3, s366, 6.7 mega rail
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 01:38 PM
Diesel Freak

Could be high governor pressure due to the higher pressure valve body blowing through the solenoid, could be low throttle pressure from a worn out valve or low spring pressure. Getting a pressure reading from the governor port and accumulator port will give you an idea of where you're at.

2005 QCLB 4x4, Edge, Fass 150, Beans Sump, Billet 48re, NO Trans heat exchanger!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode