Next performance steps?? Injector size? - Page 3 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 3rd Gen Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 01:43 AM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Start small. A boost fooler will do most of what you want and not put you at any increased risk.
Next put in a shift kit to fix the shifting under load.
After that more air will do more than injectors-I used towing twins.
Now that you have more air add 90 injectors and put in a solid flex plate and consider built tranny.
Now you can consider race twins ungrade and need billet pieces in trans.
*Each step increases power. Each power step comes with more FUN and more WEAR. The more FUN, the more WEAR so BEWARE!!
Be safe, increase as pocket book allows, have FUN!!!

2006 3500 Megacab. BD towing twins. Glowshift 3in1. Bully dog. Power tail. Geno's seat warmers. Ground lights. Fender flairs to cover alloy wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geowarrior View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny72888 View Post
It's has 120xxx on it now and I had a injector go. I replaced it but now I'm going to do them all. Which brings me to nozzles. I'm looking for a fun truck that can still do everything (tow, road trips, just cruise) and have some usable power.

Quick question how did you determine “I had an injector go”. I’m concerned with 133,000 mi on 2006 as well.. I would appreciate your input.. thanks

It developed a slight knock. I had one go last year but it was the solenoid. This seems to be a dying injector. That's why I'm going to just replace them all.

Spoke with exergy. It's about $500 cheaper to buy stock Bosch ones and send them to exergy to enlarge and balance instead buying them from exergy.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 11:21 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,699 Times in 2,265 Posts
Quote:
It's about $500 cheaper to buy stock Bosch ones and send them to exergy to enlarge and balance instead buying them from exergy.
Then you have a molested injector and that usually does not end well. Trying to do injectors on the cheap is just not a good idea, the landscape is littered with the remains of those efforts.

05 QC LWB 4x4 Auto 3.73 LSD, IssproEV2's, Performance 48RE Opie TransGo , Smarty Tuned BBI Injected
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusiam View Post
Quote:
It's about $500 cheaper to buy stock Bosch ones and send them to exergy to enlarge and balance instead buying them from exergy.
Then you have a molested injector and that usually does not end well. Trying to do injectors on the cheap is just not a good idea, the landscape is littered with the remains of those efforts.
How is it any different?
Exergy buys Bosch ones and enlarges them.

Unless I'm missing something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode