Truck pulls left - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain Discussion of 3rd Gen Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Truck pulls left

My 2007 qcsb 3500 pulls to the left. Its got a carli pintop lift. I got an alignment, rotated tires and I just dunno anymore. Dynatrac balljoints are good replaced the carli trac bar bushings tie rods are good. Its got a carli high mount and a dual rancho stabalizer. Any odeas are appreciated

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2007 3500 big horn QCSB 5.9 /phatshaft 62/bd 60hp injectors/high ram/4" flopro tbe/bd tranny/efi live/bd exh manifold/airraid intake/carli pintop/fusion bumper/insight/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Adjustable track bar installed? Without that your front axle will be off center and track left.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'05 2500 5.9L TD QCSB BigHorn Edition.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Its got the one from carli, not adjustable but should be the right one? I forgot to mention too its got all the beefed up linkages a new steering box and the bd box brace. Would a bad steering shaft cause it?

2007 3500 big horn QCSB 5.9 /phatshaft 62/bd 60hp injectors/high ram/4" flopro tbe/bd tranny/efi live/bd exh manifold/airraid intake/carli pintop/fusion bumper/insight/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Diesel Head

Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Or too much pressure in the steering stabilizers?

2006 RAM 3500 DRW 6 speed 4WD QCLB: unit bearing delete, metric delete, all tow no go.
1991 W350 SRW auto 4WD RCLB: Fleetjunk delete, Garmon trans, NASTRUCK
Just say no to metric Daimler-Fiat
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

I think only the bilstein on the carli is adjustable I'll look into that thougj. Pretty common?

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

when adjusting the bilatein should it be straight gas r hydraulic oil

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Cummins Nut

get you a fatter girlfriend.

2006 2500 quad cab SLT 4X4 SRW, 265/70/17 BF goodrich (yeh I know changing soon) T style steering, 48re Auto, Borg warner solenoid and transducer, Steering gear box brace. Draw tite gooseneck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe4d For This Useful Post:
Stepside (09-18-2013)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessrumnir View Post
Adjustable track bar installed? Without that your front axle will be off center and track left.

I'm going to argue with this. The trac bar really has nothing to do with the truck going straight down the road! (unless there is bad bushings) The trac bar is to keep the axle in place from side to side under the truck! The axle could be way off center and it could still track straight! Even a stock height truck wont have the axle perfectly centered! They are designed that way to provide all 4 tires with a fresh bite of earth to grab rather than following in the footprint of the front or rear tires... It was proven long ago that you get better traction if you are getting a fresh bite of earth with all four corners!

So again, with is reason, an off centered axle isn't going to screw up how straight it drives.

Do you have a pressurized steering stabilizer installed? That will provide a slight push to the left...

What kind of tires are you running? Some of the more aggressive tires will have a natural pull in them...

2015 2500 CCLB 6.7 3.42 gears
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by avolnek View Post
I'm going to argue with this. The trac bar really has nothing to do with the truck going straight down the road! (unless there is bad bushings) The trac bar is to keep the axle in place from side to side under the truck! The axle could be way off center and it could still track straight! Even a stock height truck wont have the axle perfectly centered! They are designed that way to provide all 4 tires with a fresh bite of earth to grab rather than following in the footprint of the front or rear tires... It was proven long ago that you get better traction if you are getting a fresh bite of earth with all four corners!

So again, with is reason, an off centered axle isn't going to screw up how straight it drives.

Do you have a pressurized steering stabilizer installed? That will provide a slight push to the left...

What kind of tires are you running? Some of the more aggressive tires will have a natural pull in them...
Yes its thcarli high mount with bilstein stablizer and running 35x12.5r20 trail grapplers

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Diesel Head

check with carli on the bilstein shock pressure. it may be off for having the dual stabilizers may be counteracting the bilstein and its current pressure.

im not sure how far you are from Kevin at HRT OFFROAD in AB but ill be he can dial it in for you. carli kits are awesome but just bc one is installed on a vehichle doesnt mean squat. most people do not realize a performance suspension needs to be performance tuned. slapping one on is just the start and thats whats nice if your located near an authorized carli dealer/installer bc they know how to tune everything just right. most places always try to set these trucks back to the factory settings from the dodge bible but carli kits differ a little bit on where they perform the best. for example the dodge book may say 5 degrees positive (im just guessing dont take it literally) and the carli kits sweet spot is right at about 4.0-4.5 degrees positve. make sense??

03 H.O. QC/LB 4x4 NV5600: Pure Performance/ Carli/ Smarty/ Corbeau XRS/ S&B/ RSD/ Aeroturbine 5050/ Toyo 35's/ Gear Alloy 728B/ AD150/ AM Gauges/ Retroshop-projectors/ Amp Steps/ Custom Grille.
1936 Chevy 1/2 ton: 4bt cummins or 383 sbc. still deciding
C3 His and Hers Vette's

Last edited by mjhartz87; 09-12-2013 at 08:26 PM.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

It was installed at bid dog in calgary along with the lift, I'm in medicine hat alberta and we have one authorized dealer I could try, whrre is hrt located? I would guess it would be the rancho pushing it out, better off, to get it tuned for it or am I a little overkill and could just run the high mount alone?

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Diesel Head

I'm not 100% sure but his profile on here says okotoks if I remember correctly. The carli hi-mount has to be run in conjunction with a lower mounted stabilizer. My guess is its Carli's version to run dual stabilizers but the reason it's located up higher is to alleviate and equals the stresses that's put on your linkage. Versus lower duals put stresses on the drag link and Track bar but I'm in no way an expert at this. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

03 H.O. QC/LB 4x4 NV5600: Pure Performance/ Carli/ Smarty/ Corbeau XRS/ S&B/ RSD/ Aeroturbine 5050/ Toyo 35's/ Gear Alloy 728B/ AD150/ AM Gauges/ Retroshop-projectors/ Amp Steps/ Custom Grille.
1936 Chevy 1/2 ton: 4bt cummins or 383 sbc. still deciding
C3 His and Hers Vette's
The Following User Says Thank You to mjhartz87 For This Useful Post:
tannercook7 (09-15-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode