rear running light problem - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain Discussion of 3rd Gen Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
rear running light problem

Need some help even after searching for a couple of hours on here..Hooked up to the sandrail trailer and 3 miles into pulling it my truck and trailer right, rear running lights stopped working. Next day I checked all fuses under the hood with volt meter (continuity test) and all are good. So far I:

-Tested right rear bulbs with volt meter and all tested ok but they are blackish?

-Swapped out the working left, rear light assembly (circuit board/3 bulb holder) with right rear assembly but still no luck?

-The truck 7 pin is working as it should. Power, directional, etc...

-The 3057 bulbs have 2 filaments in them and the outer filaments that should light when running lights are on don't. However, they will flash when I set my alarm so the bulbs are physically working?

This truck is a dessert truck and has seen the rain for about a total of 5 hours since I had it. The only thing I can think of checking is the snap connector that plugs into the circuit board for 12 Volts behind the light? I don't expect to find any cut wires but I'll theck? I also have been having a problem with a OD lockout box that I tried to install but it is throwing a code and putting it into limp mode so I hope I don't have an ECM,TPIM issue? Also, this same trailer blue a fuse on my wife's SUV last summer with the same symptoms but I thought I fixed it by replacing a fuse and repairing a broken side marker light on the trailer?? Sorry for the long post and thanks all!

2018 Tradesman 2500 4x4 3.42 gears auto, stock truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

Update: Found out that there is no 12V supply to the white/tan wire at the 5 pin snap connector at the rear light plug. Checked the left side and there is. Traced it all the way up front to the battery area as far as I could go (just in back of drivers wheel) with no power. I do have 12V at the fuse panel pin and up to and thru the fuse? I'm not smart enough to look at the schematic but it looks like 12V goes from the battery, 50 A fuse, park lamp relay then front Control module, out thru a 10A fuse. The 10A and 50A fuses have 12 V. in the panel. Any ideas guy's! Dealer wants $90 for the first hour then $117 after that.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 04:35 PM

I am having the same issue with my right rear light also. I've noticed SEVERAL 04-06 Dodges that are having the same problem and even spoke with a few of the owners and lots of time has been put into this issue but nobody has been able to resolve it yet.

I'm keeping an eye on your thread

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

I'm thinking I might have a faulty front control module under the fuse box? $300 Dodge part.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode