I have a 2006 crew cab DRW 4x4 G56 she is a Beast. Fuel Filtration is a must.
Changed out my injectors for BBI .5 Tow injectors at 154k.
Now I run fuel filtration to the OCD Level
1. All fuel goes thru my 75 gallon transfer tank which has a 2 inch by 3 foot Tank Snake for water absorption with magnet https://b3cfuel.com/wp-content/uploa...ll-sheet-1.pdf
then my Transfer filter is a Baldwin PF10-CS Water Absorbing Fuel Storage Tank Element.
2. Once in my OEM Tank I have a Large Fleetguard screen if I ever fill directly to the tank.
3. Then My GDP Fuel Boss Mechanical Pump.
4. Next Up is a Baldwin BF 1212 Water separator
5. Donaldson DBF 5814 or DBF 5817 fuel filter
6. Factory position Baldwin PF7977 Fuel/Water Separator Element
7. Last But not least Cat 416-1225 for the Ultimate insurance.
Also Run Optilube XDP additive which is a Demulsifier which improves filter separation of Water.
Check the dirty filer pic out as I ran one of these on my 1999 7.3L and filled up from only high volume stations an it looked like that in 3 to 4 months. Freaked me out.
The rest is paying attention to Her. She will Last longer than you if you take care of her. No DPF, EGR, and with the right upgrades will pull more than you would want to.
I Gross 30k to 32k without a thought up and down some serious grades out west.
IMO best Cummis configuration out their. Except for the Crazy RPM Gremlin. LOL