Help needed - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain Discussion of 3rd Gen Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

2Likes
  • 1 Post By tryNto
  • 1 Post By tryNto

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Help needed

Alright going to be a long first post but here goes nothing....

I have a 07 5.9 with the 6 speed like my user name and here’s where I’m at with it. When I got the truck it had led tails and headlights. The turn signals blinked fast but worked and the reverse lights didn’t work. Wasn’t a fan of the leds so I switched the head lights and tail lights to stock and everything stayed the same fast blinking etc. here’s where things get blurry for me. It has an edge programmer on it. Haven’t had any issues with it for the short time I’ve had it until the other day. I pulled away from a stop sign and the truck sounded like it came apart. Went into limp mode and I checked the code. It was high or low pressure for bank one. Quick search on here says that happens a lot with an edge. There was another code that said brake switch but I didn’t think anything of it at the time. I cleared the codes and truck cranked right up no problem. Been driving fine for the past couple of days. The kicker is now it is code free..... and every time I hit the brake pedal or use the turn signals I get a warning chime. Instead of the turn signal blinking fast from the start it slow blinks twice and then fast blinking.

I’m not sure where to go from here. Brake lights are still working. Back up no. Head lights are fine as well. The only thing that happened was the code and limp mode. Still no new codes and the old hasn’t come back either.

TLDR- basically this warning chime is going to drive me insane and I don’t know where to start

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 08:01 PM
Trying to learn

Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I hope you are good with chasing wires.
Could be anything from a bad/going bad bulb to a corroded contact or connection. A loose or bad bulb sockets. Fast blinking is an indicator of a bulb out.
Maybe a bad ground
rghavana likes this.

'03 QCLB 2500 305/555 NV5600 w/ FastCoolers 3.73 4x4, Color match Lear Topper.
Smarty S-06 PoD, Edge CTS for Gauges, DPP Cool Tube w/ OEM AF Box, Baldwin PF7977, GDP MK-2 FF Kit, Pusher Intake Horn, Adj. Boost Elbow @ 30psi, OEM Fan Clutch Delete/Mod, Steering Box Brace, On-Board Air w/Horns

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Yea I figured it might be going that direction. Thank you for your help. I just don’t understand why it didn’t chime at me everytime I hit the brakes or used the turn signal before. That and it starts to blink normal then fast. Just so odd it all changed after limp mode and me clearing the codes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 08:20 PM
Trying to learn

Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Also, be sure the batteries are fully charged and all connections clean and tight.
These trucks are really picky about clean voltage.
rghavana likes this.

'03 QCLB 2500 305/555 NV5600 w/ FastCoolers 3.73 4x4, Color match Lear Topper.
Smarty S-06 PoD, Edge CTS for Gauges, DPP Cool Tube w/ OEM AF Box, Baldwin PF7977, GDP MK-2 FF Kit, Pusher Intake Horn, Adj. Boost Elbow @ 30psi, OEM Fan Clutch Delete/Mod, Steering Box Brace, On-Board Air w/Horns

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Both batteries are good and the connections are tight and clean. I finally have some time off this weekend. So I will keep checking things here and there until I can finally see it in the day light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode