Join Date: Dec 2011
Thanked 566 Times in 532 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Hopefully used your original cluster.
Could be wiring/cluster(EMIC) or computer bus issue
check good power/grounds to cluster?
run cluster test to narrow down?
Run cluster test by
(1) Begin the test with the ignition switch in the
(2) Depress the odometer/trip odometer switch button.
(3) While still holding the odometer/trip odometer
switch button depressed, turn the ignition switch to
the On position, but do not start the engine.
(4) Release the odometer/trip odometer switch button.
(5) The instrument cluster will simultaneously
illuminate all of the operational segments in both
VFD units, perform a bulb check of each operational
LED indicator. The VFD segments and LED indicators
remain illuminated as each gauge needle is
swept to several calibration points and back. If a
VFD segment or an LED indicator fails to illuminate,
or if a gauge needle fails to sweep through the calibration
points and back during this test, the instrument
cluster must be replaced. Following these tests,
the actuator test will proceed as described in Step 6.
(6) The text “C Code” is displayed in the odometer
VFD for about three seconds. If there is no stored
fault information, the display will show two pairs of
zeroes in the format “00” “00”, which indicate that
the display of fault information is done.
Post or search for codes
04 QCSB HO Automatic