track bar - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain Discussion of 3rd Gen Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
track bar

im looking to buy an adjustable track bar. currently im stock and in need of one but later i want to upgrade to a 3”. so adjustable trac bar is what im looking at. who makes the most reliable one. i want one where im not gonna have to adjust every 5000miles and i want to make sure theyll clear everything up to an 8”. i see carli/thuren but people have been having issues with the slop in their bars. then i saw the DOR and apparently thats the one to end all track bars. can i get an opinion on whcih adjustable track bar i should buy? thanks guys

dirty '05 2500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 08:32 AM
Diesel Head

I have Carli track bar 5+years now, no issues, grease/oil it every oil change.
Got to make sure truck on the ground, torque it properly.
Above 3 inch lift AFAIK, you are going to need a drop bracket to correct angle of track bar.
I believe member verdesardog has Carli drop bracket for sale, he did not need/use.

04 QCSB HO Automatic
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 09:13 AM
Diesel Freak

I have a NEW carli drop track bar bracket for sale. I bought it but didn't need it with just a front level on my truck. And a drop pitman arm. $100+shipping

2006 4X4 IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE LIVING LIFE IN PEACE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 09:26 AM
Clayton @ Dude's Diesel Performance

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Thuren track bar is our pick.
Shorts, J.R.R. and Loki223 like this.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20

See what we are up to on:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Or Email us at:

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

i mean whats really the difference in different branded track bars... they all look the same to me. i thought their mightve been differences for clearance and stuff like that. but ill be going with the thuren or carli... just bc theyre proven and their reputation with suspensions.

dirty '05 2500
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 07:34 PM

I did quite a bit of research and chose the Thuren unit. It's extremely well made, and the Thuren guys were awesome to deal with.

2007 2500 QC SB 5.9 48RE 3.73 gear, 35x12.50R17 Nitto Ridge on 17x8.5 Methods, EMF BJ's and Thuren Suspension Stuff
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincerecorn View Post
i mean whats really the difference in different branded track bars... they all look the same to me. i thought their mightve been differences for clearance and stuff like that. but ill be going with the thuren or carli... just bc theyre proven and their reputation with suspensions.
Quality of materials, quality of manufacturing processes, thickness of tubing, design integrity, etc.

2007 2500 QC SB 5.9 48RE 3.73 gear, 35x12.50R17 Nitto Ridge on 17x8.5 Methods, EMF BJ's and Thuren Suspension Stuff
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 07:52 PM
Diesel Head

Big differences, the diameter, thickness/type of metal, ends used.
A lot of force put on that bar, more so with lift/tires.

04 QCSB HO Automatic
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

so ill be buying a thuren track bar.

dirty '05 2500
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 01:46 AM
Cummins Fan

Garage
I have a Thuren, has worked fantastic with my 37’s. No adjustment or rebuild needed for years. Carli is also high quality.

06 QCSB 4x4, EFI Live, SB dual disk, 100hp injectors, ARP 2000s, Hamilton 103#,push rods, Fleece 170 gph lift pump, ED 10mm cp3, 63/67 under BW475/96/1.32 Pusher Kit, Thuren 3" coils, control arms and track bar, Pacbrake, 20x12 wheels
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 05:44 PM
Dan @ Carli

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincerecorn View Post
Track bars have never been exciting and, for a while, they were a commodity. Track bars were pretty much interchangeable in the early 2010's when everyone used 1/4-wall tubing, weld in bungs, 7/8"x3/4" FK heims and a poly bushing at the frame.

In recent years, a lot has changed in our R&D department in an effort to turn out an unrivaled, indestructible track bar as we sell more track bars and ball joints than anything else. Let's say we made track bars great again.

The DATB introduces a lot of "news". The wall thickness is 3/8" in our new bar allowing us to thread the larger 7/8"x7/8" FK heim into it with no welded bung (eliminating potential failure points was paramount on a bar under this much load), we then designed a proprietary tapered jam nut to give 100% more clamping surface area to preload the threads in the bar. After that, we visited the frame end. On the frame end is our proprietary "CUB Joint"; a 7/8" FK Uniball is sandwiched in a proprietary vibration damping material and the assembly is pressed into the end of the bar retained with a stainless safety washer and snap ring. This vibration damper drastically extends the life of both bearings installed in the track bar and helps numb the steering feel. Round this off with in-house machined misalignment spacers to center this massive joint in the frame bracket. This assembly doesn't rely on bolt-torque to preload the bushing and work properly. We installed this bar on Black n' Blue Racing's 2006 Caged Mega-Cab Race Truck that won it's class in the South Arizona Desert Racing series last year. After inspection, the bar had no measurable play following it's tenure on the race truck.

Frame End - Blown out for Clarity:

Axle End - Larger 7/8"x7/8" Heim, Tapered Jam Nut

smelonas likes this.

- Carli Suspension 3" Long Arm Dominator - Torsion Sway Bar - Full Leaf Springs - Ball Joints - Axle Truss | TaterBuilt 62/65 341 | Smarty S06 | Randy's Transmissions Stage 2 | Isspro Performax EGT-Trans-Fuel-Boost | FASS 165 | S&B Intake & Horn | AMP | Redneck Rams Hydro Assist | Ballistic Fab Diff Covers
The Following User Says Thank You to OCVeloMan For This Useful Post:
smelonas (05-22-2019)
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 07:30 AM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Nice explanation.

I currently have a Thuren bar from 2011 that needs new bushings and probably heim joint, as it's rusty. Debating if I should replace the bushings with Thren's upgraded bushings, and heim joint, or sell it and buy a Carli unit. I need to decide today so the shop with my truck can continue with the other work going on.

This new Carli bar looks pretty tits. Kind of leaning that direction.

Electric Blue '07 Mega 2500 5.9 -- Thuren (3" Coils | Overland Shocks | End Links | Leaf Shackles) | Carli (Track Bar | Ball Joints) | PSC Hydro Assist | Mopar T-style | Metal Cloak +1/2" Control Arms | Fuel Hostage 17x9 -12mm | Toyo M/T 37x13.5-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode