2nd gen 2wd leveling kit install problems HELP! - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2wd Suspension Discussion Pretty obvious, forum just for the 2wd guys!....NO ADVERTISING!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2nd gen 2wd leveling kit install problems HELP!

Hey guys, having a major problem with my 95 2wd leveling kit install. Im installing the 2 kit with 2" longer shocks from fatbobs. When i finished the right side i let the jack down with the truck still on jack stands, and the upper control arm castle nut is hitting a metal piece that comes down for the bump stop. Weird thing is when i put the stock shock back on ht clears fine and looks normal.

Is this just because of the angle and extra shock travel? This is killing me as i thought it would be pretty straight forward, and frankly doesnt make sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the truck is up on stands for a second day now

Btw im using the awesome write up here on how to do it and its been great!

95 2500 12v sclb auto 2wd- bone stock
08 2500 qclb auto 4x4- bone stock ( ca smog nazis)

Last edited by Jtmoney; 11-15-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

So the truck is still on jacks and im really stumped. With the stock shock on the truck, nothing hits, but with the 2" longer shock the uca bolt hits. Should i call fatbobs about this? I tried both shocks just to be sure, and the truck sits fine when its on the ground with the new shocks on, but wont it bottom out when i hit a bump? Or will it clear with an alignment? How bad is driving it with the leveling kit and stock shocks? I know i dont want to mqx them out and tear up the ball joints.

Im really at a loss for this. Ide really rather not, butif i cant find some resolution today im gonna have to tear it all back off and go with stock shocks and no leveling and try and ship this stuff back to fbg... I really need some advice from someone who might know. Sorry to be a begger but i need this thing on the road asap.

95 2500 12v sclb auto 2wd- bone stock
08 2500 qclb auto 4x4- bone stock ( ca smog nazis)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Cummins Fan

That's why I wnet with the 1.5" spacers and not the 2", several people have had problems with the 2". Hope you get it figured out

2001, 2WD, Red, Quad cab short bed, SLT Laramie, 50k original miles, Leveling kit, 16x8 ION alloys w/ 265 Cooper discoverers, FASS DDRP and a BIG honking air filter!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2wd-suspension-discussion/773313-2nd-gen-2wd-leveling-kit-install-problems-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
2wd Suspension Discussion on Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum | BoardReader This thread Refback 12-09-2013 03:36 PM