2wd 3500 negative camber issues - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2wd Suspension Discussion Pretty obvious, forum just for the 2wd guys!....NO ADVERTISING!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2wd 3500 negative camber issues

Hi all, I am chasing a negative camber issue on my 2wd 3500. It is only on the drivers side and is clearly visable. I had it in to get aligned last week and they called me and said they have the camber plates adjusted as far as they can go and it is still at a -2. I have replaced all the bushings including the lower ball joints on both sides of the truck. I had the shop replaced the rear leaf springs last week due to a completely flat drivers side. I gained a good 2" maybe more height in the rear over all. The difference between the front and rear as measured from the ground to the fender on centerline is 34" in the front and 41" in the rear. It seems a bit higher than it should be, but they only had heavy duty leafs for the rear available at the time. I don't mind the height as I rather it sit higher than lower. Questions though, how much will the rear settle and should I be looking to replace the rear shocks with some longer length for this increase in rear ride height? Can anyone that has a 2wd 3500 take a measurement in the front and rear and post it here?

I would like to raise the front of the truck to somewhat match the rear. I would like to replace the springs in the front as I beleive they may be sagged out, so I am thinking the Tuff springs TTC-1615 and longer shocks, but I have a feeling it won't be enough as now I am about 7" difference between the front and rear. Would a spacer on top of the already longer spring be adviseable or should I look at changing out the spindles? I saw that MaxTrac makes a 3.5" lift spindle as well. Would lifting the front also help with the negative camber or do I need to figure that out 1st?

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't feel like throwing parts at a problem only to have more issues.

Thanks!

2006 MegaCab 3500 DRW G56 2wd, SBC, 4" Diamond, AutoMeter Gauges, FASS, 250k
2001.5 3500 SOLD
1999 3500 SOLD

Last edited by Trickle X; 08-06-2013 at 04:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2wd-suspension-discussion/620283-2wd-3500-negative-camber-issues.html
Posted By For Type Date
2wd Suspension Discussion on Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum | BoardReader This thread Refback 09-10-2013 08:39 AM