2in longer than stock shocks, 3rd Gen - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2wd Suspension Discussion Pretty obvious, forum just for the 2wd guys!....NO ADVERTISING!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2in longer than stock shocks, 3rd Gen

I'm looking for a part # or something to help me purchase shocks for an '07 2wd 3500 that are 2in longer than stock. Can seem to find anything listed on the usual parts sites and can't find anyone recommended a part number anywhere even though everyone seems to suggest this as a fix. Can anyone who has actually purchase shocks that were 2in long help everyone out by posting a make and part #. Thanks.

'99 3500 QC dually (RIP)
'07 2500 QCSB Laramie with dually conversion, 6.7L, Auto, H&S, Full delete, BHAF
'10 2500 QCSB Laramie, 6.7L, Full Delete, 5in exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 05:44 PM
Diesel Head

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 09:20 AM

I know you have asked for information from folks that have "done the install". But I am getting ready to level my 04.5 2wd and thought I would share what I have found so far. Again, I HAVE NOT PURCHASED OR INSTALLED YET. And I am assuming you are looking for front shocks.

1) Bilstein 5125 Series - 33-230405-- Travel 5.7", Collapsed Length 10.7", Extended Length 16.4".

2) Bilstein 5100 Series - 24-185400-- Travel 5.7", Collapsed Length 11.3", Extended Length 17.58.

Got info from Bilstien's website. Again, have not done the purchase/ install. But may give you some info to check to see if they will work for you. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

Anyone have any idea what the stock Travel, Collapsed Length, and Extended length are for stock shocks?

Jstep, I appreciate the info. I looked around on their site but wasn't able to come up with it. Overlooked it somehow I guess. If I can just double check stock measurements, I should be able to narrow down a part number now.

'99 3500 QC dually (RIP)
'07 2500 QCSB Laramie with dually conversion, 6.7L, Auto, H&S, Full delete, BHAF
'10 2500 QCSB Laramie, 6.7L, Full Delete, 5in exhaust
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 02:38 PM

The stock travel that I am going on is the 4600 Bilstein stock replacement shock for the truck. Bilstein Monotube Shock Absorbers and Struts | 24-186063 | Bilstein | AJUSA.com

The specs on the other shocks I found listed on Bilstein website off road catalog pages 22 and 26. Product Information The Off Road catalog is a PDF you can dowload. These are links to the sites where I got the info.

Not sure if the Bilstein has the exact same travel as the stock shock, but that model is the bilstein stock replacement.

The off-road catalog should give you lots of info if you want Bilsteins. Hope this helps!

Last edited by JStep; 02-02-2016 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Added information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode